Help with Cd-R driver - Plextor

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sonja, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Sonja

    Sonja Guest

    I have a Plextor 8/4/32A which I bought in 2000. It came with WinOnCd 3.7
    and worked just fine.

    As I upgraded my PC to Windows XP I did a very stupid thing. I tried to
    install the WinOnCd and it was just to be used with Windows 98 & 2000.

    Well, after that everytime that I starts the computer I have a windows
    saying
    "Hardware Error 1024" and by the clock I have another one saying that
    windows had disable a hardware that would make the system unstable.

    Even them I was able to use the drive to record cd's through MusicMatch.
    Until last week that's it.

    Now, after I copy a cd, the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually and
    every other time the drive G (cd-R) simply disappears. Then the PC starts
    with "Sec Slave Drive Atapi - Incompatible" press F-1 to start.

    I've tried to uninstall and deleted everything that referred to WinOnCd to
    no avail.

    Is there any solution for me? Many thanks for any help,

    Sonja

    Sonja, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Sonja wrote:

    > I have a Plextor 8/4/32A which I bought in 2000. It came with WinOnCd 3.7
    > and worked just fine.
    >
    > As I upgraded my PC to Windows XP I did a very stupid thing. I tried to
    > install the WinOnCd and it was just to be used with Windows 98 & 2000.
    >
    > Well, after that everytime that I starts the computer I have a windows
    > saying
    > "Hardware Error 1024" and by the clock I have another one saying that
    > windows had disable a hardware that would make the system unstable.
    >
    > Even them I was able to use the drive to record cd's through MusicMatch.
    > Until last week that's it.
    >
    > Now, after I copy a cd, the PC crashes and I have to restart it manually and
    > every other time the drive G (cd-R) simply disappears. Then the PC starts
    > with "Sec Slave Drive Atapi - Incompatible" press F-1 to start.
    >
    > I've tried to uninstall and deleted everything that referred to WinOnCd to
    > no avail.
    >
    > Is there any solution for me? Many thanks for any help,
    >
    > Sonja

    Do you have an XP restore point, just before when you installed
    WinonCd, to go back to?

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 13, 2004