    The Camera i'm using is a Canon EOS 10D

    Regards,
    Nick.

    niicko, Oct 10, 2003

  2. "niicko" <> wrote in message
    news:bm61gj$jqb$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm wondering if i could get some comments on the below lens. I've been
    > reading reviews all week and most of them seem to contradict one another!

    So
    > i thought it best to ask some real people :) So, if anyone has any

    comments
    > or alternate suggestions regarding the lens I would be most appreciative.
    > I'm after a nice wide angle lens for both wide angle city/landscape images
    > to special effect distortion shots. Cheers!

    I just went through this process and it is confusing. I know you have been
    reading reviews but wanted to let you know about these sites:

    http://www.cmpsolv.com/photozone/lsurveyEOS.htm

    http://www.photographyreview.com/Lenses/PSC_3787crx.aspx

    If you already knew about these, sorry!

    Charles Schuler, Oct 10, 2003

  3. niicko

    JohnO Guest

    I also have the 10D. I got the 28-135 IS and 75-300 IS when I ordered the
    camera and quickly found out I needed something a little wider.

    Wasn't crazy about spending the $800 on the 17-40 L but after reading some
    positive reviews decided it might be worth it. Can't remember where I read
    it (magazine? Internet?) but one review said he had compared the 17-40 with
    his 16-35 and at considerably less price it was just as good. That was when
    I made up my mind to go for the 17-40 L.

    As expensive as it is, well worth it if you have a use for it. Problem I
    have now is that the "L" lenses, if they are as good as the 17-40 quality
    (which I think they are) is so much noticably better that I'm saving up to
    go with only "L" lenses in the future. May take a while though :-(

    As I said, if you have a use for it, which I do, it was worth the price and
    I don't regret buying it. I'll put a few samples up shortly but it may take
    a little time so if the page doesn't load try again later (I have a few
    things to do first)

    http://www.riview.com/1740/

    Hope that helps!

    JohnO, Oct 10, 2003