    noticed that Canon has the a300. Is this a replacement for the a60? Is
    it similar? Which is better??? Thanks!!!
    KOS

    KOS, Sep 23, 2003

  2. KOS

    ThomasM Guest

    "KOS" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hell0-
    > I am new to digital cameras and am looking for a good camera. After
    > much research I've come to the conclusion that the A60 would work
    > well, I plan on taking mostlyh 4 by 6 shots. Now, I've recently
    > noticed that Canon has the a300. Is this a replacement for the a60? Is
    > it similar? Which is better??? Thanks!!!
    > KOS

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/CAM...?sections[]=457&sections[]=455&submit=Compare

    To sum up:
    A60 is 2MP, has 3x zoom, manual controls, faster lens (good in poor light),
    longer shutter time (for night shots), better flash range.
    A300 is 3MP, has no zoom, no manual controls and is slightly cheaper.

    I would definately go for the A60 if I had to chose between the two.

    /ThomasM

    ThomasM, Sep 23, 2003

  3. KOS

    homer1969 Guest

    I had an A300 and just bought an A70. You should go for the A60 in
    comparison to the A300.

    The A300 is a great little camera, but with no optical zoom was lacking
    just. The digital zoom on the A300 is ok but nothing special.

    Both the A70 and A300 are very easy to use and take great photos. I thought
    at the time the A300 was a great deal but decided to upgrade.

    homer1969, Sep 24, 2003
  4. The A60 is only 2 MP and that will not give you 300 PPI which is
    considered to be photo quality.

    The A300 has a very slow fixed lens with no zoom.

    Go for at least the A70 for decent 4X6 prints. You should really get 4
    MP if you ever want to crop your photos before printing....you will
    eventually want to!

    The Pentax Optio 33L is a 3.2 MP camera. Very nice. $199 at
    http://www.BeachCamera.com

    Darius Alexander, Sep 25, 2003