    supposed to come with the camera? Has anyone even heard of this issue
    before?
    -Jeff

    Jeff, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Jeff

    Steinberger Guest

    Sounds to me like the salesman was a class A bullshitter. It also sounds
    like you're not the type who will be comfortable making this sort of
    transaction.

    My recommendation is that you stop worrying about saving a few extra bucks
    and just go to a trusted brick & mortar camera store. See it, touch it, try
    it, then buy it. You can always make more money.

    Steinberger, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Jeff

    Guest

    On 4 Dec 2003 19:00:47 -0800, (Jeff) wrote:

    >I found what I thought to be a great deal on the Canon G5 from an
    >internet source today. I decided to call the company to buy the camer
    >and when I did the guy on the phone told me that the included battery
    >only last 50minutes and tried to pressure me into buying a 2hour
    >lithium battery and charger for $175 more. I started asking about the
    >camera and he stated that they also offered the Japanese made one for
    >more money. I was shocked to find out that there were two models of
    >this camera one made. Aparently the camera offered at the great
    >bargain price was a Malaysian import vice a Japanese import with a
    >limited waranty and shorter use span battery.
    > Is there really two versions of this camera being sold? How
    >would someone know if when looking at the camera in a store if they
    >are getting the right one (japanese model)? Also what warranty is
    >supposed to come with the camera? Has anyone even heard of this issue
    >before?
    >-Jeff

    The Canon battery lasts for hours and hours, if not days. I've filled
    2 x 256mb cards over 3 days before it started to think about dying,
    and then there was probably still some life left. I've also bought a
    couple of cheap batteries (probably about $20 in your money) and they
    last just as long.

    MJ

    , Dec 5, 2003
  4. Jeff

    Mark B. Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > I found what I thought to be a great deal on the Canon G5 from an
    > internet source today. I decided to call the company to buy the camer
    > and when I did the guy on the phone told me that the included battery
    > only last 50minutes and tried to pressure me into buying a 2hour
    > lithium battery and charger for $175 more. I started asking about the
    > camera and he stated that they also offered the Japanese made one for
    > more money. I was shocked to find out that there were two models of
    > this camera one made. Aparently the camera offered at the great
    > bargain price was a Malaysian import vice a Japanese import with a
    > limited waranty and shorter use span battery.
    > Is there really two versions of this camera being sold? How
    > would someone know if when looking at the camera in a store if they
    > are getting the right one (japanese model)? Also what warranty is
    > supposed to come with the camera? Has anyone even heard of this issue
    > before?
    > -Jeff

    Stop being a cheapskate and buy it from a legit dealer that won't give you
    bullshit. Two dealers I deal with and recommend heartily are
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com and http://www.adorama.com

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 5, 2003