Help with CAD prog error message

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pawihte, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. pawihte

    pawihte Guest

    I've been using the electronics CAD program CircuitMaker 2000 for
    several years. It comes in two inter-related components - the
    schematic drawing and simulation prog 'CircuitMaker' and the
    auto-routing PCB software 'Traxmaker'.

    Lately, I've been getting an error message while loading
    Traxmaker. The prog still works but fails to load the component
    libraries automatically. It can still open existing designs and
    there's no problem working with new or existing designs if I load
    the library manually.

    It works normally for some time if I uninstall and then reinstall
    the program, but the same error comes back after a few days. The
    error message is "Access violation at address 00437B74 in module
    'Traxmakr.EXE'. Read of address 00000068."

    Traxmaker has a .ini file that normally includes one or more
    lines at the very end that specifies the location of the
    component library(s). This line(s) is missing when the error
    occurs.

    I use Win XP SP3, no other CAD prog installed. Surface scan and
    memtest86 find no error. Does the error message give some clue as
    to what's causing the problem?
    pawihte, Dec 22, 2009