    Could anybody assist me in restoring these bookmarks as this has been the
    only fault I have encountered with this excellent piece of software.
    Many thanks
    mohdpb, Sep 6, 2004

  2. mohdpb

    Andreas Guest

    mohdpb wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am running Mozilla 1.6 on Windows XP (with sp2), and it is a pleasure to
    > use, far better than Internet Explorer.
    > Everything has been perfect until today when I found my bookmarks after the
    > letter P had disappeared. All bookmarks from A to P are exactly as they
    > were.
    > I used Windows system restore to revert to an earlier restore point - but no
    > luck. I also tried the various help sites.
    > Could anybody assist me in restoring these bookmarks as this has been the
    > only fault I have encountered with this excellent piece of software.
    > Many thanks

    What do you mean all the letters after P disappeared? What are you
    talking about? Are you talking about the bookmarks from within the
    bookmark manger, or the ones on the Personal Toolbar? Or something
    altogether different?

    Andreas

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM
    Andreas, Sep 6, 2004

  3. mohdpb

    mohdpb Guest

    My bookmarks in the personal toolbar and the bookmark manager were
    listed/sorted alphabetically from A to Z.
    Those bookmarks commencing with the letter A down to those commencing letter
    P are intact, however the list of bookmarks commencing with the letter Q to
    letter Z are missing.

    mohdpb, Sep 6, 2004
  4. mohdpb

    Andreas Guest

    mohdpb wrote:
    > My bookmarks in the personal toolbar and the bookmark manager were
    > listed/sorted alphabetically from A to Z.
    > Those bookmarks commencing with the letter A down to those commencing letter
    > P are intact, however the list of bookmarks commencing with the letter Q to
    > letter Z are missing.
    >
    > "Andreas" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>mohdpb wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>I am running Mozilla 1.6 on Windows XP (with sp2), and it is a pleasure
    >>>to use, far better than Internet Explorer.
    >>>Everything has been perfect until today when I found my bookmarks after
    >>>the letter P had disappeared. All bookmarks from A to P are exactly as
    >>>they were.
    >>>I used Windows system restore to revert to an earlier restore point - but
    >>>no luck. I also tried the various help sites.
    >>>Could anybody assist me in restoring these bookmarks as this has been the
    >>>only fault I have encountered with this excellent piece of software.
    >>>Many thanks
    >>>

    >>What do you mean all the letters after P disappeared? What are you
    >>talking about? Are you talking about the bookmarks from within the
    >>bookmark manger, or the ones on the Personal Toolbar? Or something
    >>altogether different?
    >>
    >>Andreas
    >>--
    >>Information wanted: http://www.ltinc.net/sass/
    >>
    >>To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Thats because the Personal Toolbar can only hold so many with your
    screen resolution. After that they start to run off the screen. You
    might see a double arrow on the right of the toolbar. If so then click
    on it and you should see the rest of the bookmarks. Suggestion is to
    change the resolution size of your screen.

    Also, if you have other icons on the Personal Toolbar, such as Home,
    then get rid of them if you don't need them.

    Or group the bookmarks together. Thats the way I did mine. I've got A
    to H, I to Q, R to Z. Then I've got Email, Misc, Special Bookmarklets,
    then a link to Google, and MW Dictionary.

    Andreas, Sep 6, 2004