    So far, no improvement with any of the above. I am running Win 95 , IE 5.5,
    AVG Antivirus and Spybot.

    TIA

    Edge, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Edge

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Edge" <> wrote in message
    news:SDxJc.97598$...
    > Both BSOD and Freeze-up seems to happen more often when 2 IE windows are
    > open. Freeze-up is more common . Error message on the BSOD showed the PCI
    > audio card, so I reinstalled the application. There are no IRQ conflicts
    > with the card. Audio sounds fine except for the some breakup when

    connecting
    > to the ISP. I reinstalled the mouse drivers, since the cursor will
    > sometimes respond slowly when loading a new IE page. Also ran scan disk.
    > So far, no improvement with any of the above. I am running Win 95 , IE

    5.5,
    > AVG Antivirus and Spybot.
    >

    > TIA

    >I am running Win 95

    You should consider upgrading, at least to Windows 98.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Edge

    HF Guest

    Get some more memory and upgrade from 95
    "Edge" <> wrote in message
    > Both BSOD and Freeze-up seems to happen more often when 2 IE windows are
    > open. Freeze-up is more common . Error message on the BSOD showed the PCI
    > audio card, so I reinstalled the application. There are no IRQ conflicts
    > with the card. Audio sounds fine except for the some breakup when

    connecting
    > to the ISP. I reinstalled the mouse drivers, since the cursor will
    > sometimes respond slowly when loading a new IE page. Also ran scan disk.
    > So far, no improvement with any of the above. I am running Win 95 , IE

    5.5,
    > AVG Antivirus and Spybot.
    >

    > TIA

    ---

    HF, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Edge

    Jerry G. Guest

    For a machine you use all the time, you should consider upgrading to Win
    98. This would be best for an older machine. There are a lot of security
    issues that cannot be resolved with Win 95 and Explorer 5.xx. This is due
    to the lack of support to update these issues.

    Win 98 is officially not supposed to be supported, but due to public
    pressure, MS and many other software companies are still supporting it.
    There is no real time table of how much longer it will be supported. It is
    still a very popular operating system, so it may be supported for a number
    of more years.

    I would not consider to install or use ME. This is one operating system to
    stay away from. From my experience, I found it to be less stable than Win
    98. Infact, I would compare ME to a Win 95 that is trying to work like a Win
    2000, and is failing at it!

    Using a system with Win 95 does not allow the proper use or availability of
    USB or Firewire ports. Most of the new external hardware and devices being
    manufactured today are using USB and Firewire interfacing only. If you were
    to buy a new printer or a digital camera, cell phone, there would be no way
    for to have these communicate with your computer.

    It is very possible that you may have some type of Trojan, Spywares, and or
    Adwares in the machine that are not being properly detected, or able to be
    blocked by the outdated service packs that are being used by your computer.
    There is NO support any more for the security issues with Win 95.

    As for the blue screen, is very important that you take full note of the
    error messages. The blue screens should display information that can be
    analysed by people who are familiar with the type of errors being indicated.

    Blue screens are usually caused by a catastrophic error. The most common are
    software errors that are causing a forced data read or write that is not
    valid, and cannot be corrected. Another common cause are hardware failures.
    Rogue programs, corrupted files, defective or wrong drivers, a defective
    registry, and or poorly written softwares can cause these errors as well.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Jul 15, 2004