Help with beta testing - rename & add text to photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andrew Rowley, Sep 2, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have created some software for renaming digital images and adding
    comments in text files that go with the photos.

    It is aimed at the basic user who wants something easy to use.

    I am looking for people who are interested in trying it out for beta
    testing. Anyone who participates in the beta test and provides
    feedback will receive a free copy.

    You can find information about the software at http://www.picnam.com

    If you are interested, please email

    Thanks,

    Andrew Rowley
    --
    Andrew Rowley

    Rename and add text to digital photos http://www.picnam.com

    Andrew Rowley, Sep 2, 2005

  2. Andrew Rowley wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created some software for renaming digital images and adding
    > comments in text files that go with the photos.
    >
    > It is aimed at the basic user who wants something easy to use.
    >
    > I am looking for people who are interested in trying it out for beta
    > testing. Anyone who participates in the beta test and provides
    > feedback will receive a free copy.
    >
    > You can find information about the software at http://www.picnam.com
    >
    > If you are interested, please email
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew Rowley
    > --
    > Andrew Rowley
    >
    > Rename and add text to digital photos http://www.picnam.com

    As much as 'd like to encourage you to develop software, what you are
    doing is re-inventing the wheel and then intending to sell it, instead
    of giving it away like the others do. Sorry for the frankness.

    --
    Douglas

    Douglas MacDonald, Sep 2, 2005

  3. Douglas MacDonald <> wrote:

    >As much as 'd like to encourage you to develop software, what you are
    >doing is re-inventing the wheel and then intending to sell it, instead
    >of giving it away like the others do. Sorry for the frankness.

    Hi Douglas,

    There are many different types and styles of wheels. I don't claim to
    have invented anything new, however some people may find it suits
    their needs more than other products.

    People who have tried it like it because it is easier to use than
    anything else they have tried.

    Some people create free software, however most people still need to
    make money to live on one way or another. Voluntary work does not mean
    that anyone who works for money is bad.

    Andrew Rowley, Sep 3, 2005