Help with Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO 9230-4 CORRECTION

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Feb 1, 2009.

  1. an F5D 9230-4

    Posted in another NG with no help.

    I have to make another attempt this weekend. Help...............

    I am trying to connect a new computer for my Son and the OS is MS
    Vista.

    I have little or I should say NO experience with Vista and use XP and
    Linksys products on my home wireless network.

    It is a Belkin F5D9230-4 and have a USB adapter additionally. I
    installed the software first for the USB adapter then plugged it in.
    It seemed like the installer did not fully complete or it is a Vista
    deal.

    I then installed the software for the router and then plugged in the
    modem (Comcast) then plugged the router into the modem and had no
    connection to the internet.

    Seems all instructions are for routers connected to the computer
    directly. In this instance the computer is in the bedroom and the
    cable has only one jack in the living room. Can this type of
    connection be done, with the wireless router and modem providing a
    connection to the computer in the bedroom with a USB wireless adapter?

    I can connect my laptop at the other end of my home and my main
    computer off as long as my router is powered up. Does BElkin and Vista
    not play nice together or am I doing something wrong. I feel bad I
    cannot get this up and running. He does not live with me and I want to
    have a little more knowledge next Saturday when I stop over.

    Anyone..........................?

    Regards,

    RP

    Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it
    the more people assume you have.

    Roscoe P Pendoscoe, Feb 1, 2009

  2. Hi
    As a first step you should connect a computer to the Router with a cable and
    follow the Belkin's manual instructions to configure the Router and its
    Wireless part.
    When every thing is configured you can try switching to the Wireless.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 1, 2009