    camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
    takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

    Richard Bullington

    Richard and Shaw Bullington, May 18, 2004

  2. "Richard and Shaw Bullington" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH

    batteries
    > (8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in

    this
    > camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
    > takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > Richard Bullington

    Should be OK.

    Charles Schuler, May 18, 2004

  3. Richard and Shaw Bullington

    Norm Guest

    When it comes to rechargeable batteries MAH rating, more is better.

    Norm, May 19, 2004
  4. "Richard and Shaw Bullington" <> writes:

    > I recently purchased a canon s1 IS camera. I have 2 sets of NiMH batteries
    > (8 total). My question is: they are 2100 mAh, is this o.k. to use in this
    > camera, or will it damage it. They are AA size (which is what the camera
    > takes). If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

    The 2100 maH is an indication of how much charge the batteries put out (ie,
    2100 maH batteries will last longer than the old 1600 maH batteries). Here are
    some FAQs:

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM
    http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-educate-batteries.htm
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html
    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/
    http://www.crypto.com/chargers/

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, May 19, 2004
  5. Richard and Shaw Bullington

    Patrick Guest

    Perfectly fine... Just don't try to insert all 8 of them at the same time.
    Can you tell us how many shots you get out of them?

    Patrick.

    Patrick, May 19, 2004