Help with backing up and restoring IOS on Cisco 1200 Series Access Points

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by C1266OCDSB, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. C1266OCDSB

    C1266OCDSB Guest

    I have a number of 1200 series Access-points deployed across numerous
    sites which are configured to use MAC authentication off a RADIUS
    server. The encryption is set to WPA/PSK. and TKIP running on IOS
    12.2(15)JA.

    The IOS on one these access points mistakenly was upgraded to a newer
    version that no longer supports this configuration and as luck would
    nave it, we no longer seem to have a copy of the original image file.
    Is there a way to get a new copy of the image file for
    c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.bin when it is no longer offered for download
    from Cisco's web site? failing that, is there a procedure to pull it
    off one of my AP's still running this IOS? I have been able to copy the
    file using tftp from one of the good AP's, (copy
    flash:/c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA tftp) but have been unable to tftp the
    resulting file back. I get an error telling me the format of the file
    is incompatible. It seems to me that one should be able to back up an
    IOS image from a device and successfully restore that back up.

    Suggestions

    Thanks

    C1266OCDSB, Jan 22, 2007

  2. C1266OCDSB

    Merv Guest

    C1266OCDSB wrote:
    > I have a number of 1200 series Access-points deployed across numerous
    > sites which are configured to use MAC authentication off a RADIUS
    > server. The encryption is set to WPA/PSK. and TKIP running on IOS
    > 12.2(15)JA.
    >
    > The IOS on one these access points mistakenly was upgraded to a newer
    > version that no longer supports this configuration and as luck would
    > nave it, we no longer seem to have a copy of the original image file.
    > Is there a way to get a new copy of the image file for
    > c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.bin when it is no longer offered for download
    > from Cisco's web site? failing that, is there a procedure to pull it
    > off one of my AP's still running this IOS? I have been able to copy the
    > file using tftp from one of the good AP's, (copy
    > flash:/c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA tftp) but have been unable to tftp the
    > resulting file back. I get an error telling me the format of the file
    > is incompatible. It seems to me that one should be able to back up an
    > IOS image from a device and successfully restore that back up.

    You might want to have a look at the "archive upload" and "archive
    donwload" commands

    Merv, Jan 22, 2007