    stays on the first frame - no motion. Windows Media Player is unable
    to find a codec. Does anyone know how I can debug this and/or find a
    codec or decompressor? Thanks!

    King O'Diamonds, Oct 23, 2003

  2. My first question is what hardware are you running and is it possible that
    the hardware is not keeping up with the software. Secondly if you have a
    DVD player most include the codec in the software.

    Terry Blomberg, Oct 23, 2003

  3. King O'Diamonds

    Harrison Guest

    Get a copy of Gspot and use it to determine the proper codec for the
    file.

    Harrison, Oct 23, 2003
  4. King O'Diamonds

    Richard Guest

    King O'Diamonds wrote:

    > I have several *.avi files where the sound is normal but the video
    > stays on the first frame - no motion. Windows Media Player is unable
    > to find a codec. Does anyone know how I can debug this and/or find a
    > codec or decompressor? Thanks!

    try upgrading to version 9. This version is geared to playing the newer
    codecs. including dvds.

    www.virtualdub.com download the latest version. you should at least see it
    with VD.
    if not, it will tell you which codec you need.

    Richard, Oct 23, 2003