    - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?

    Cheers!

    Gordon, Apr 20, 2010

  2. Gordon

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Gordon Post:
    > There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    > the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    > - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    > I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >
    > Cheers!

    Maybe you can find it here:
    http://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Apr 20, 2010

  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 20/04/2010 17:47, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Gordon Post:
    >> There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    >> the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    >> - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    >> I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >>
    >> Cheers!

    > Maybe you can find it here:
    > http://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html

    Thanks for that link - gonna take me a while to wade through that lot!
    Are you a Vet?

    Gordon, Apr 20, 2010
  4. Gordon

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Gordon Post:
    > On 20/04/2010 17:47, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Gordon Post:
    >>> There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    >>> the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    >>> - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    >>> I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers!

    >> Maybe you can find it here:
    >> http://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html
    >>

    > Thanks for that link - gonna take me a while to wade through that lot!
    > Are you a Vet?

    WWII

    OldGringo38, Apr 20, 2010
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 20/04/2010 19:36, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Gordon Post:
    >> On 20/04/2010 17:47, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Gordon Post:

    >>> Maybe you can find it here:
    >>> http://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html
    >>>

    >> Thanks for that link - gonna take me a while to wade through that lot!
    >> Are you a Vet?

    > WWII

    Me British Army 75-85....

    Gordon, Apr 20, 2010
  6. Gordon

    John Holmes Guest

    Gordon "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    > the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    > - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    > I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >
    > Cheers!

    Not 100% sure, but Billy Joel's "Goodnight Saigon" comes to mind...

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Apr 20, 2010
  7. Gordon

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:38:44 -0600, Gordon <> wrote:

    > There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    > the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    > - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    > I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >
    > Cheers!

    THe best match for those lyrics is "nothing yet".
    However theres a few pages of songs to search thru...so enjoy:
    http://lyricsto.com/nothing-yet/1

    --
    Force and fraud are in war the two cardinal virtues.
    -Thomas Hobbes

    §nühw¤£f, Apr 20, 2010
  8. Gordon

    chuckcar Guest

    Gordon <> wrote in

    > There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    > the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the
    > rest" - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    > I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?
    >
    > Cheers!

    Try just putting in the above line in a search engine in quotes.

    *not* Google though. You'll only get your post above.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 20, 2010
  9. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 20/04/2010 21:57, chuckcar wrote:

    > *not* Google though. You'll only get your post above.

    Yeah I know. I found that out......

    Gordon, Apr 20, 2010
  10. Gordon

    sandy58 Guest

    On Apr 20, 10:13 pm, §nühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 09:38:44 -0600, Gordon <> wrote:
    > > There was a song in the early to mid-seventies about the Vietnam War -
    > > the only line I can remember from it was "and the bayonets got the rest"
    > > - I can't remember the singer or anything.
    > > I know it's a long shot but can anyone help?

    > > Cheers!

    > THe best match for those lyrics is "nothing yet".
    > However theres a few pages of songs to search thru...so enjoy:http://lyricsto.com/nothing-yet/1
    >
    > --
    > Force and fraud are in war the two cardinal virtues.
    > -Thomas Hobbes

    Hey, thanks for the very handy link, §nühw¤£f. I have a memory like
    the proverbial hen so excellent. :)

    sandy58, Apr 21, 2010