Help with a McAfee interference problem

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Friar Broccoli, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. Hello People;

    I am a user of the programmer's text editor TSE, formerly
    called Qedit.

    The developer (Sammy Mitchell) has had problems with his
    recent compiles, because the McAfee virus scanner seems to
    think the code includes a virus and slows loading to a
    crawl.

    Attempts to contact McAfee for help have been made in vain.
    Can anyone here provide either:

    - suggestions on steps to follow to isolate the problem so
    it can be corrected.

    or tell me

    - where to go to find out how to correct this problem.

    Cordially;

    Friar Broccoli
    Robert Keith Elias, Quebec, Canada Email: EliasRK (of) gmail * com
    Best programmer's & all purpose text editor: http://www.semware.com

    --------- I consider ALL arguments in support of my views ---------

    Friar Broccoli, Sep 10, 2005

  2. From: "Friar Broccoli" <>

    | Hello People;
    |
    | I am a user of the programmer's text editor TSE, formerly
    | called Qedit.
    |
    | The developer (Sammy Mitchell) has had problems with his
    | recent compiles, because the McAfee virus scanner seems to
    | think the code includes a virus and slows loading to a
    | crawl.
    |
    | Attempts to contact McAfee for help have been made in vain.
    | Can anyone here provide either:
    |
    | - suggestions on steps to follow to isolate the problem so
    | it can be corrected.
    |
    | or tell me
    |
    | - where to go to find out how to correct this problem.
    |
    | Cordially;
    |
    | Friar Broccoli
    | Robert Keith Elias, Quebec, Canada Email: EliasRK (of) gmail * com
    | Best programmer's & all purpose text editor: http://www.semware.com
    |
    | --------- I consider ALL arguments in support of my views ---------

    Send an email to: and

    Attach the file(s) in a password protected ZIP file and set the password to; infected
    { password = infected }

    In the body of the email explain the problem, what McAfee is flagging this file as and
    discuss the subject of it being a False Positive declaration and why.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Sep 10, 2005