Help with 887W integrated AP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by HiFreak1c, Feb 19, 2012.

  1. HiFreak1c

    HiFreak1c

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Messages:
    8
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Hi all

    So I've dug myself a rather sizeable hole trying to get the intregrated AP in my 887W working.

    A long story short, when trying to upgrade the firmware I accidentally put the LWAP firmware on. I couldn't work out how to correct this so from the AP bootloader I removed the LWAP firmware from the integrated APs flash.

    I'm now at the stage where I can't boot the integrated AP, and I can't work out how to restore connectivity in ROMMON to the local network to TFTP the correct firmware files back in to flash of the integrated AP.

    Here is the 'set' from ROMMON in the integrated AP:

    Router#service-module wlan-ap 0 session
    Trying 10.0.0.2, 2002 ... Open

    Connecting to AP console, enter Ctrl-^ followed by x,
    then "disconnect" to return to router prompt

    ap: set
    ?=
    DEFAULT_ROUTER=10.0.0.1
    ENABLE_BREAK=yes
    IOS_DEFAULT_DOMAIN_NAME=removed
    IOS_STATIC_DEFAULT_GATEWAY=10.0.0.1
    IP_ADDR=10.0.0.1
    MANUAL_BOOT=no
    NETMASK=255.255.255.224
    ROM_PERSISTENT_UTC=1014956332

    The router itself had 10.0.0.1 as it's VLAN 1 IP address, with the wlan-ap 0 interface being ip unnumbered off VLAN 1. I changed VLAN 1 on the router to 10.0.0.10 thinking the integrated AP had 10.0.0.1 as it's IP but the two won't communicate.

    In essence I'm missing the BVI0 interface, which is obviously unavailable in ROMMON.

    I don't think I'm able to XModem anything, seen although I have to bounce through the service-module session via the router itself instead of being able to console directly to the AP.

    Does anyone have any idea how I can dig myself out of this hole, or have I just bricked the internal AP? :stupido3:

    Regards,

    Josh.

    HiFreak1c, Feb 19, 2012

  2. HiFreak1c

    HiFreak1c

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Messages:
    8
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Answered my own question. The integrated AP was faulty. It's gone back to Cisco to be replaced.

    HiFreak1c, Mar 7, 2012