Help. Windows loads dvd driver but can't find the drive. Error Code 41

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bill, Feb 20, 2010.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I get message "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this
    hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) in Device
    Manager under the cd/dvd drive.

    If the machine is reformated the hardware is found. But after a few
    days or so, this message begins to pop up.

    Uninstalling the drive and letting the plug and play mechanism
    reinstall it does no good. The reinstalled drive arrives with the
    message intact.

    I have a warrantee on the machine and have sent it out 4 or 5 times
    for the same problem. The techs apparently reformat the machine and
    Windows finds the drive so they send it back and say it is not a
    hardware issue.

    Any help/advise is appreciated.

    Bill, Feb 20, 2010