    any suggestions.

    Thanks

    Ken

    Bald Eagle, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Bald Eagle

    MF Guest

    A couple preliminary suggestions....

    The process Device manager runs in is mmc.exe. the thing itself is
    devmgmt.msc
    .. make sure devmgmt.msc exists in your \system32 directory. likewise with
    mmc.exe

    .. do the rest of the tools available from system props work?
    .. make sure mmc will run by starting computer management or some other snap
    in.
    .. try device manager from computer managements
    .. make another snap in for DM: go to start - run - mmc - file menu - add
    snap in - device manager. See if that one works.

    MF, Jan 16, 2006