    ianb
    --
    GMT plus 7 minutes

    =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIGI=?=, Sep 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIGI=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Ian b <> rambled:

    > My 23 year old son has an illness, that, hopefully he will have
    > recovered from very soon. In the mean time he wants to make use of
    > his time at home. If he starts "collecting" Microsoft certs where do
    > you start?
    >
    > ianb

    you (or he) can start at www.microsoft.com/learning

    But exam-wise, it all depends on what his strengths and interests are. If
    he's a database guy, then 70-228 or 70-229 would be good exams for him.

    If he's kind of a help-desk guy, then 070-210, 215, and 270 are good starts.

    This is all assuming he has experience. If he doesn't, he can definitely
    start studying, but the advanced certs (MCSA, MCSE, MCAD, MCDBA, etc) are
    generally intended for people who have real-world experience. If he's just
    beginning, make sure he uses, tests, breaks, and fixes the product in
    question. Then study. Then repeat. Then, and only then, should he take the
    exams.

    HTH.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    To the window! To the wall! Till the sweat drop down my
    www.mcngp.com....

    Briscobar, Sep 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIGI=?=

    Guest

    , Sep 28, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIGI=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    <>
    rambled:

    > First - I hope your son recovers quickly.

    I don't have a son.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com once made out with it's sister.

    Briscobar, Sep 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SWFuIGI=?=

    -=D@n=- Guest

    Briscobar wrote:

    > <> rambled:
    >>
    >> First - I hope your son recovers quickly.

    > I don't have a son.

    Heheh, pedant. ;)

    -=D@n=-, Sep 28, 2005