    within emails in the past, they used to be clickable... somewhere down
    the line, that changed. Don't know why.

    Thanks!

    Me, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 28 Aug 2006 15:13:08 -0700, "Me" <> wrote:

    >Hi.
    >
    >I hope I'm in a group where someone can help me. With my yahoo email,
    >I find when I email a link/URL to someone, it is not "clickable" when
    >they receive it. They have to copy and paste it into their browser. Is
    >there something in my yahoo settings I can change? It is so hard to
    >explain to someone who is computer illiterate, to copy and paste a URL
    >into their browser when it would be so much easier for them to just
    >click onto a link within the email I sent them. When I sent links
    >within emails in the past, they used to be clickable... somewhere down
    >the line, that changed. Don't know why.

    This likely has more to do with the recievers e-mail configuration.

    How are you putting in the URL? Are you including the full
    http://www.example.com or just www.example.com or just
    example.com/whatever ?

    Evan Platt, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Me

    dadiOH Guest

    Me wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I hope I'm in a group where someone can help me. With my yahoo
    > email, I find when I email a link/URL to someone, it is not
    > "clickable" when they receive it. They have to copy and paste it
    > into their browser. Is there something in my yahoo settings I can
    > change? It is so hard to explain to someone who is computer
    > illiterate, to copy and paste a URL into their browser when it
    > would be so much easier for them to just click onto a link within
    > the email I sent them. When I sent links within emails in the
    > past, they used to be clickable... somewhere down the line, that
    > changed. Don't know why.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I don't do web mail but basically the message containing the URL has
    to be in HTML/RTF; the recipient must also be reading it in that
    format. Plain text = non-working URL.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 29, 2006
  4. dadiOH wrote:

    > Me wrote:
    >> I hope I'm in a group where someone can help me. With my yahoo
    >> email, I find when I email a link/URL to someone, it is not
    >> "clickable" when they receive it. They have to copy and paste it
    >> into their browser. Is there something in my yahoo settings I can
    >> change? It is so hard to explain to someone who is computer
    >> illiterate, to copy and paste a URL into their browser when it would
    >> be so much easier for them to just click onto a link within the
    >> email I sent them. When I sent links within emails in the past,
    >> they used to be clickable... somewhere down the line, that changed.
    >> Don't know why.

    > I don't do web mail but basically the message containing the URL has
    > to be in HTML/RTF; the recipient must also be reading it in that
    > format. Plain text = non-working URL.

    That's not true. Email does not have to be in HTML to have a clickable
    link. My plain text email client (and my webmail as well) presents a
    clickable link so long as the link is typed correctly by the sender.

    I'm thinking the recipient named above has "gotten a Windows update"
    that shut off the clickability. This happens about every other month it
    seems, as Mr. Gates wants to protect us from ourselves without telling
    us.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Me

    dadiOH Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > dadiOH wrote:
    >
    >> Me wrote:
    >>> I hope I'm in a group where someone can help me. With my yahoo
    >>> email, I find when I email a link/URL to someone, it is not
    >>> "clickable" when they receive it. They have to copy and paste it
    >>> into their browser. Is there something in my yahoo settings I can
    >>> change? It is so hard to explain to someone who is computer
    >>> illiterate, to copy and paste a URL into their browser when it
    >>> would be so much easier for them to just click onto a link within
    >>> the email I sent them. When I sent links within emails in the
    >>> past, they used to be clickable... somewhere down the line, that
    >>> changed. Don't know why.

    >> I don't do web mail but basically the message containing the URL
    >> has to be in HTML/RTF; the recipient must also be reading it in
    >> that format. Plain text = non-working URL.

    > That's not true. Email does not have to be in HTML to have a
    > clickable link. My plain text email client (and my webmail as well)
    > presents a clickable link so long as the link is typed correctly by
    > the sender.

    Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 29, 2006