  1. ever since i dowloaded an ie6 update i get this error: 'are u sure u want to
    open this file fom this location' EVERY time i go anywhere in my c drive.
    anyone know what this is????

    Lucas Zieland, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Lucas Zieland

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:50:31 +0800, Lucas Zieland wrote:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >ever since i dowloaded an ie6 update i get this error: 'are u sure u want to

    Which update? What OS?

    That's not an error, think about is as a safety feature. It's an IE
    message box rather then an antivirus application check?

    That's also not the exact message.

    >open this file fom this location' EVERY time i go anywhere in my c drive.

    Every file you try to open?

    Opening files from IE and/or Windows Explorer.

    Do you want to open the files or save it?

    >anyone know what this is????

    IE / Options / Security
    <select the zone>
    Reset to default level.
    or
    Cutsom Level
    Downloads / File Download , pick option
    Launching Programs / Files from an IFRAME , pick option

    Also for the file types, check the action options for download in
    Windows Explorer,

    For Win2000 - Tools / Folder Options / File Types.
    Select <file type> Advanced / Confirm Open After Download should be
    ticked.

    Me

    why?, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Lucas Zieland