    switching isp and it does the same. lastly i refomrated my computer
    and put a fresh copy of xp on it and it still does it....w

    , Feb 20, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 19 Feb 2007 19:25:07 -0800, wrote:

    >hi
    >
    >i'm on a dial up connection. after i connect, i have x amounts of mins
    >to say online until it does what i am about to tell you about. x = any
    >amount of time (1 min to 60 hours). When it happens it happens like
    >this: the start bar goes crazy. It resets to the old version(classic)
    >from the xp...but it's not the classic...it's like the classic but not
    >like it. then it goes back to xp theme. Then is when my FIREFOX
    >browser can't connect to any servers and neither can opera or ie. So i
    >double click the internet connection icon in the right left hand
    >corner where the programs are like avg and firewalls...i forget what
    >that's called now...taskbar? and it flashes the internet connection
    >but it closes really fast. So i tried another computer for a while
    >withdial up at my house...and it does the same thing. next i tried
    >switching isp and it does the same. lastly i refomrated my computer
    >and put a fresh copy of xp on it and it still does it....w

    Ok, so what fixes this? A reboot? A disconnect?

    What ISP are you on?

    Did you try another computer on another ISP?

    Evan Platt, Feb 20, 2007

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:

    > i'm on a dial up connection. after i connect, i have x amounts of mins
    > to say online until it does what i am about to tell you about. x = any
    > amount of time (1 min to 60 hours).

    This doesn't compute for me. Even tho' I have no experience with XP or
    dialup, it just doesn't make any sense.

    > When it happens it happens like
    > this: the start bar goes crazy.

    That would seem to have to originate from the OS itself; virus, malware

    > It resets to the old version(classic)
    > from the xp...but it's not the classic...it's like the classic but not
    > like it. then it goes back to xp theme.

    yada yada

    > Then is when my FIREFOX
    > browser can't connect to any servers and neither can opera or ie.

    That could be anything, such as loss of the dns, but that doesn't
    explain the above.

    > So i
    > double click the internet connection icon in the right left hand
    > corner where the programs are like avg and firewalls...i forget what
    > that's called now...taskbar? and it flashes the internet connection
    > but it closes really fast.

    I don't know what that is telling us.

    > So i tried another computer for a while
    > withdial up at my house

    Excellent troubleshooting strategy.

    > ...and it does the same thing.

    Unbelievable. Is this a troll?

    > next i tried
    > switching isp and it does the same.

    Also unbelievable. It must be a troll.

    > lastly i refomrated my computer
    > and put a fresh copy of xp on it and it still does it.

    Definitely a troll -- or some magical demon which slips into all of the
    computers in the house just by their being booted up and accessing the
    internet.

    But, the first time I read it I tho't 'what an outstanding job of trying
    to describe something you don't understand.'

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 20, 2007