    right click on the drive, left click format and nothing happens. I get the
    format wizard if I do the same thing to the C: drive. Am I pretty much just
    screwed or is there a way to fix this? Thanks in Advance!
    dark elf, Jan 28, 2004

  2. On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:38:51 -0600, dark elf wrote:

    > Hi, I have a Portal brand mp3 player, model no. MF-1S. I have a P3
    > computer running winxp. This player is XP compatible and XP has no
    > trouble finding it and adding it as a drive when connected via the usb
    > connector. The problem lies when I try to drag an MP3 song into the new
    > E: drive I get an error that the file can't be found and check the path.
    > The songs are already downloaded as mp3's but I even ran them through a
    > converter and still no luck. The power light flashes all the time and I
    > think it's supposed to be solid. There is a web adress in the
    > instructions that is a dead link. One other problem is when I try to
    > format the drive, I right click on the drive, left click format and
    > nothing happens. I get the format wizard if I do the same thing to the C:
    > drive. Am I pretty much just screwed or is there a way to fix this?
    > Thanks in Advance!

    Sounds like that MP3 player is pharked. Is it under warranty. ?

    --
    Michael Turner
    michael turner, Jan 28, 2004

  3. dark elf

    dark elf Guest

    A very cheap ebay pickup, but was promised would work I'm awaiting responses
    from the seller. If it's "pharked" no big loss except the fun I get of
    dragging the guys name through the mud! Thanks for the reply!
    "michael turner" <> wrote in
    message

    dark elf, Jan 28, 2004