Help!! - Vista Aero Glass Interface

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by srgiridharan@gmail.com, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Today , I bought a new Asus K8V-VM motherboard with built in graphics.
    Now one 512 mb RAM and one 256 RAM are in the slots. The default
    setting in BIOS for Frame Buffer Size was 64 mb. Then I increased the
    buffer size to 128 MB and then I executed Vista Upgrade Advisor.

    In the vista upgr advis, it displayed that for Aero User Interface, my
    current system configuration is sufficient and dxgiag also displayed
    128 mb in video memory field.
    Now in system Properties window , it displays 704 MB RAM.

    Now my doubt is this..

    1. Will vista Aero interface work in my system without any conflicts ,
    b'coz I've just changed the buffer memory size and don't have any
    graphics card seperately in AGP(i don't have this slot in my new
    motherboard) or PCI-E x16 (this slot is present in my new motherboard)
    ?

    2. Is increasing the frame buffer size advisable? Will it slow down
    other system performances.

    3. Why I raise such questions is , after I upgraded the Motherboard I
    installed MS Rise of Nations game and it was very slower. I even tried
    to change many graphics options but all ended in vain.

    4. I've upgraded my motherboard mainly for installing vista , but I
    doubt whether aero interface will work properly if I change the frame
    buffer size.

    Please HHHEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!

    Regards

    Giridharan Ravi

    , Dec 21, 2006

  2. TurkReno Guest

    wrote in news:1166719143.261650.64810
    @i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Today , I bought a new Asus K8V-VM motherboard with built in graphics.
    > Now one 512 mb RAM and one 256 RAM are in the slots. The default
    > setting in BIOS for Frame Buffer Size was 64 mb. Then I increased the
    > buffer size to 128 MB and then I executed Vista Upgrade Advisor.
    >
    > In the vista upgr advis, it displayed that for Aero User Interface, my
    > current system configuration is sufficient and dxgiag also displayed
    > 128 mb in video memory field.
    > Now in system Properties window , it displays 704 MB RAM.
    >
    > Now my doubt is this..
    >
    > 1. Will vista Aero interface work in my system without any conflicts ,
    > b'coz I've just changed the buffer memory size and don't have any
    > graphics card seperately in AGP(i don't have this slot in my new
    > motherboard) or PCI-E x16 (this slot is present in my new motherboard)
    > ?
    >
    > 2. Is increasing the frame buffer size advisable? Will it slow down
    > other system performances.
    >
    > 3. Why I raise such questions is , after I upgraded the Motherboard I
    > installed MS Rise of Nations game and it was very slower. I even tried
    > to change many graphics options but all ended in vain.
    >
    > 4. I've upgraded my motherboard mainly for installing vista , but I
    > doubt whether aero interface will work properly if I change the frame
    > buffer size.
    >
    > Please HHHEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Giridharan Ravi

    You could have a number of problems and its silly to assume that from
    the little information that you've provided that there is a magic
    answer. However, the biggest problem may be the inoperability of
    Windows Vista with your hardware. Go install all the XP drivers for
    your hardware and then let Vista do its thing. Second, no, Aero will
    assess via DirectX directly (that sounded redundant). Third, go update
    your graphics card driver as stated in the first answer. Finally, frame
    buffer will have very little to do with the BASE performance of your
    machine. It all depends on your GPU, not its settings. If in doubt,
    uninstall your video card drivers and let the native Vista driver run
    it. Even my processor as a Athlon 64 Mobile 3400+ gives a base score of
    4.6 as far as a CPU is concerned, but I get an Aero score of 2.3.

    As far as your properties window showing that you have a higher amount
    of video ram, mine did that in XP showing that I had 256 when I really
    only had 128. Go figure.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50