    So if anybody has any experience with or knows of any good video based
    instructor based training, pleae let me know. Thanks.

    Riley
    =?Utf-8?B?cmlsZXltYXJ0aW4=?=, Sep 27, 2007

  2. "rileymartin" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody know of any good video based instructional MCSE 2003
    > training? I can't make it to training classes at all so that's not an
    > option. I was hoping there was some good video based instructor led training
    > so I could learn at home and not have to try and teach myself just by reading
    > books.
    >
    > So if anybody has any experience with or knows of any good video based
    > instructor based training, pleae let me know. Thanks.
    >
    > Riley

    I have always enjoyed http://cbtnuggets.com/. However, if you have no
    experience with the technology that the MCSE 2003 certification calls
    for, I would not pursue the certification. Certifications are designed
    to help validate your experience, not compensate for it. If you want to
    learn the technology and get some experience; great! However, do not
    train your focus on the exams at this moment. You will waste valuable
    time, money and more than likely come away with a very bad experience.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 27, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] wrote:
    > "rileymartin" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anybody know of any good video based instructional MCSE 2003
    >> training? I can't make it to training classes at all so that's not an
    >> option. I was hoping there was some good video based instructor led
    >> training
    >> so I could learn at home and not have to try and teach myself just by
    >> reading
    >> books.
    >>
    >> So if anybody has any experience with or knows of any good video
    >> based
    >> instructor based training, pleae let me know. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Riley

    > I have always enjoyed http://cbtnuggets.com/. However, if you have no
    > experience with the technology that the MCSE 2003 certification calls
    > for, I would not pursue the certification. Certifications are designed
    > to help validate your experience, not compensate for it. If you want to
    > learn the technology and get some experience; great! However, do not
    > train your focus on the exams at this moment. You will waste valuable
    > time, money and more than likely come away with a very bad experience.

    > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

    I concur. I am a big fan of CBTNuggets. I thought the presentation was
    very well-rounded in all areas, and combined with MSPress books and a
    lab environment, I could feel pretty darn confident that I was ready for
    anything the exam threw my way. I have to say that even though I felt
    like I was ready for the MCSE exams before I started studying, I learned
    quite a bit from the preparation. Not that I wanted to know THAT much
    about RRAS...

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Sep 27, 2007
  4. Have you actually used CBT Nuggets? Was it thourough enough? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmlsZXltYXJ0aW4=?=, Sep 27, 2007
  5. CBT Nuggets are good. I also personally like the Skillsoft e-learning
    series. Java based traditional e-learning course design but with a lot of
    audio guidance and instruction. It is not quite video based but there is
    definitely the multimediate component.

    For straight video, its hard to go wrong with CBT Nuggets, even accounting
    for the cost.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Oct 1, 2007