    online. Now it automatically deletes them.
    Is there any way I can stop the viruses from arriving in the first place?

    Rubix
    Rubix, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Rubix

    Rubix Guest

    Hey what happened to my message?

    Rubix, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Rubix

    °Mike° Guest

    Delete them straight from the server, with Magic Mail Monitor
    http://www.geeba.org/magic/

    Latest GPL release
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:33:33 +0100, in
    <ppTab.7910$9.net>
    Rubix scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Rubix

    Steve Knight Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:33:33 +0100, "Rubix" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have received something like 30 virus emails over a 24 hour period. If I
    >(the hermit) am receiving this amount of traffic, then it must be pure
    >pandemonium out on the web.

    only 30? want another 400 or so twice a day?

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Steve Knight, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Rubix

    Eugene Kent Guest

    This Microsoft or other words related to viruses in the e-mail is a gang
    attack. I have received over a thousand of these messages in the past two
    days. They started out over the past two months at one or two a day.
    Sometimes they carry a virus and sometimes a worm. They seem to enter a
    computer and attach themselves to the address book then resends itself to
    persons in that address book. That is probably why some carry viruses and
    worms. If a virus or fire wall catches the virus then it doesn't appear in
    the address book.
    This virus or whatever it is always or most always carries these words in
    the message block."This message has been provided by Brightmail".Then in the
    paragraph says which virus or worm was attached and had to be returned.
    I have had over a 1000 of these messages in he past 24 hours.. I had to turn
    of my e-mail off to block them. I am now working with my ISP to find out
    where this attack is coming from. I have heard of many other complaints
    about it on various newsgroups.

    Eugene Kent, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Rubix

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you blathering on about, and why are you telling me?

    "Gang attack"?

    Huh?

    "I have received over a thousand .... in the past two days."
    "I have had over a 1000 .... in he (sic) past 24 hours"

    Make youre mind up!

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:54:06 -0400, in
    <3f6cb05e$0$13107$>
    Eugene Kent scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  7. Rubix

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:44:31 +0100, in
    <>
    AlanG scrawled:

    >On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:17:05 +0100, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Why are you blathering on about, and why are you telling me?
    >>
    >>"Gang attack"?
    >>
    >>Huh?
    >>

    >>"I have received over a thousand .... in the past two days."
    >>"I have had over a 1000 .... in he (sic) past 24 hours"
    >>

    >(smug grin mode)
    >
    >I haven't had a single one at home and none on any of 30 office
    >machines :)

    Ditto. I had to go looking for it, to see what it was all about.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  8. Rubix

    AlanG Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Why are you blathering on about, and why are you telling me?
    >
    >"Gang attack"?
    >
    >Huh?
    >

    >"I have received over a thousand .... in the past two days."
    >"I have had over a 1000 .... in he (sic) past 24 hours"

    (smug grin mode)

    I haven't had a single one at home and none on any of 30 office
    machines :)

    --
    Alan G
    "The corporate life [of society] must be
    subservient to the lives of the parts instead
    of the lives of the parts being subservient to
    the corporate life."
    (Herbert Spencer)
    AlanG, Sep 20, 2003
  9. Rubix

    Steve Knight Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:44:31 +0100, AlanG <> wrote:

    >I haven't had a single one at home and none on any of 30 office
    >machines :)

    well hell let me give you a few hundred so you don't feel left out (G)

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Steve Knight, Sep 21, 2003