Help! Trying to find an anthology series episode!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by go_widescreen@hotmail.com, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I was wondering if anybody could help with this..

    I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
    and I was looking for a particular episode.

    The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
    and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
    women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
    kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
    wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
    (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
    wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
    is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
    her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
    the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)

    Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
    Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
    episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
    80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
    Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!

    , Jan 12, 2005

  2. Marci Guest

    wrote:
    > I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
    >
    > I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
    > and I was looking for a particular episode.
    >

    > The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
    > and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
    > women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
    > kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
    > wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
    > (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
    > wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
    > is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
    > her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
    > the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
    >
    > Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
    > Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
    > episode list, but I didn't see it. I also checked out the
    > 80's Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but it wasn't there either.
    > Anyone know at all what am blabbing about? Thanks for any help!

    You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
    mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris
    Leachman.

    "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
    minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."

    Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

    Marci, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Marci wrote:

    > You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
    > mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.
    >
    > "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to read
    > minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."
    >
    > Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

    No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
    and the description involves 3 kids...

    .... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
    memory is of a color episode and they get their
    wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
    where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
    hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
    him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
    for fast food. hmm...

    drc :)

    Darrel.Christenson, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Marci wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering if anybody could help with this..
    >>
    >> I just bought the Season 1 Box Set of the 80's Twilight Zone,
    >> and I was looking for a particular episode.
    >>

    >> The show involved 3 kids who all got one wish (or something like that)
    >> and one of the kids asked to be able to see through
    >> women's shirts, but then something gets screwed up, then another
    >> kids wishes that he could tell his parents to do anything he
    >> wanted. He tells his mom he wants money for some records
    >> (which means this had to have been an 80's show) and that he
    >> wants pizza for dinner. Then when the kid gets home, his mom
    >> is still sitting on the couch and he realizes that he has to tell
    >> her everything to do in order to make the pizza. (get up, open
    >> the refrigerator, put it in the stove, etc.)
    >>
    >> Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's not on the Twilight
    >> Zone DVDs, and I checked out TV Tome and looked at the entire
    >> episode list, but I didn't see it.

    > You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes to
    > mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris Leachman.

    I am a Twilight Zone:Classic fan (just got the boxset), and I am
    stopping this branch of the discussion right now:
    <Ralph Kramden mode> Out!....OUT!!

    And even though I'm not up on 80's+ TZ, I know that Harlan's Folly was
    WAYYYY too humorless and pretentious to be in the category described,
    the 90's Strazcynski version was too foggy, and that short-lived UPN
    burp was too busy doing remakes and sequels.
    If it's kid-centric, sounds more like Nick's "Are You Afraid of the
    Dark", but since they were never *that* goofy (and plot sounds too
    coherent to be "Goosebumps"), I'd try "The Zack Files", also on disk.
    I don't know that for a fact, but at least I know what series I have
    respect for.

    (And don't let me catch you round here again.)

    Derek Janssen ("It's a Goooo--"...ohhh, I oughta--Bang-ZOOM!)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 13, 2005
  5. jjmoreta Guest

    Darrel.Christenson wrote on 1/12/2005 3:10 PM:
    > Marci wrote:
    >
    >> You know, this sounds really familiar. One in particular that comes
    >> to mind is the episode "It's a Good Life" with Billy Mumy and Cloris
    >> Leachman.
    >>
    >> "Little Anthony Fremont controls an entire town with his ability to
    >> read minds and make people do as he wishes. Which is a real good thing."
    >>
    >> Season 3, originally aired Nov 3, 1961. Does this sound familiar?

    > No, I don't think that's it as that's only 1 kid
    > and the description involves 3 kids...
    >
    > ... but gosh if it doesn't sound famalier too, my
    > memory is of a color episode and they get their
    > wishes from a leprechaun though I don't remember
    > where/how/etc. they found him and I think they
    > hid him in their treehouse for a while and brought
    > him a burger and fries to eat and he didn't care
    > for fast food. hmm...
    >

    > drc :)

    Ding, ding, ding! You are correct. =)

    This also sounded REALLY familiar and I found it. You have the right
    series and the right season. How many episodes are in that boxset?

    from: http://www.tvtome.com/TwilightZone_1985/guide.html

    47. The Leprechaun Artist
    gs: Bradley Gregg (Richie) Danny Nucci (Buddy)

    Vacationing in the United States, an Irish leprechaun is caught by three
    boys. To be freed, he must grant them three wishes, one per boy. The
    first boy wishes for x-ray vision...which he can't control. The second
    wishes for their parents to become totally obedient...and they turn into
    useless automatons. The third wishes for a "hot car" and gets a stolen
    vehicle. Taking pity on them, the leprechaun grants a final wish that
    they didn't get the third wish and leaves them.

    b: 21-Feb-1986 pc: 23 s: James Crocker

    NOTE: This episode is also known as "Three Irish Wishes".

    You know, thinking about this brought back a lot of memories of
    anthologies I knew from the 80's and early 90's.

    Anthology series I loved:
    Amazing Stories
    Tales from the Darkside
    Monsters
    Tales from the Crypt
    Night Gallery
    Friday the 13th: The Series
    Freddy's Nightmares

    Anthology movies:
    Creepshow 1 & 2
    Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
    The Willies

    - Joanne

    jjmoreta, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Film Buff Guest

    it's on Disc 5 episode 19----------------

    Film Buff, Jan 13, 2005
  7. Guest

    Boy I feel stupid....I found it last night when I was watching
    my TZ DVDs. I have no idea how I missed it. I saw it on the
    episode menu and thought, "That's not is it?"

    It was. I feel better now. Thanks to everyone for their help!

    , Jan 13, 2005