Help to upgrade a bios

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bisbebal, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Bisbebal

    Bisbebal Guest

    tHE he data are: 07/21/1998 i440BX SMC60X-2A69KF39C-00.

    I have looked for in several LIST of BIOS and I don't find to what
    maker it corresponds. I don't get it

    Looking for in Google found a reference that seems to indicate that
    the one maker has disappeared and that there is not upgrade of the
    Bios.

    I cannot use the program ba.exe because I have dedicated this PC
    to linux and I don't still know as getting the equivalent program to
    ba in linux.

    It interests me the upgrade because only recognize small hd.
    Tried to install one of 60 GB and it doesn't recognize it. I had that
    reconfigure it to 32 GB.

    I hope some help.

    Thanks

    Bisbebal, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Bisbebal

    InsomniaKev Guest

    Bisbebal wrote:

    > tHE he data are: 07/21/1998 i440BX SMC60X-2A69KF39C-00.
    >
    > I have looked for in several LIST of BIOS and I don't find to what
    > maker it corresponds. I don't get it

    A simple google search shows it to be a FYI(Full Yes Industrial)
    motherboard.

    InsomniaKev, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Bisbebal

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Bisbebal tried to scribble ...

    http://www.wimsbios.com/

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Bisbebal

    Bisbebal Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 14:13:28 -0500, InsomniaKev
    <> wrote:

    >Bisbebal wrote:
    >>
    >> tHE he data are: 07/21/1998 i440BX SMC60X-2A69KF39C-00.
    >>
    >> I have looked for in several LIST of BIOS and I don't find to what
    >> maker it corresponds. I don't get it

    >A simple google search shows it to be a FYI(Full Yes Industrial)
    >motherboard..

    First only i get in Google is this messsage:

    Posted by NickS on July 07, 2002 at 14:25:59:

    on May 13, 2002 at 17:30:07:

    : : Hello, could anyone help me to find an update for
    : : Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG for
    : : 07/21/98 i440BX-SMC60X-2A69KF39C-00
    : : and
    : : tell me what is my mainboard
    : : Thank you.
    Looks like FYI (Full Yes Industrial), now defunct. Can't find an
    updated BIOS.

    Later i get http://wims.host.sk/ and dowloaded a bios upgrade.

    Thanks for your help

    Bisbebal, Aug 5, 2003