Help to fiind a TV show name ...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by me, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. me

    me Guest

    I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)

    Here goes.....
    me, Feb 24, 2006

  2. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:

    > I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    > recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
    >

    > Here goes.....
    >> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
    >> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
    >> Guy ,works at the IRS, gets a fax and it looks like its worth
    >> investigating
    >> goes to the town, which is in the name of the title of the
    >> show............"Leaving...(then the name of the town)"
    >> Turns out that its a cia set up town to launder money from gambling etc...
    >> he's onto it and they keep telling him to leave but the car breaks down
    >> and
    >> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...
    >> Can't find anything on the net but am not a good searcher....
    >> D'you know anything, could find anything.
    >> would love to see it again but , don't know the name.......
    >> Help me out ! many thanks in advance.

    If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
    made-for-TV movie?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2006

  3. me

    me Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:
    >
    >> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    >> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
    >>

    >> Here goes.....
    >>> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
    >>> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
    >>> Guy ,works at the IRS, gets a fax and it looks like its worth
    >>> investigating
    >>> goes to the town, which is in the name of the title of the
    >>> show............"Leaving...(then the name of the town)"
    >>> Turns out that its a cia set up town to launder money from gambling
    >>> etc...
    >>> he's onto it and they keep telling him to leave but the car breaks down
    >>> and
    >>> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...
    >>> Can't find anything on the net but am not a good searcher....
    >>> D'you know anything, could find anything.
    >>> would love to see it again but , don't know the name.......
    >>> Help me out ! many thanks in advance.

    > If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
    > made-for-TV movie?

    I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode within
    it.
    me, Feb 24, 2006
  4. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:34:07 -0800, me wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:08:17 -0800, me wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    >>> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
    >>>

    >>> Here goes.....

    >> If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
    >> made-for-TV movie?

    > I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode within
    > it.

    Then that's gonna be a tough one, methinks.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2006
  5. me

    > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:34:07 -0800, me wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> If that's what happens every week, it must get boring. Or was this a
    >>> made-for-TV movie?

    >> I thik he meant it was a series,but that was one particular episode
    >> within
    >> it.

    > Then that's gonna be a tough one, methinks.

    Yeah thats what i told him,with the amount of shows out these days !!
    me, Feb 24, 2006
  6. me

    MaryD Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message news:%XHLf.564$fL3.333@fed1read01...
    > I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    > recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
    >

    > Here goes.....
    >> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
    >> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )

    Leaving LA? That was macabre, but I don' recognise this episode.
    MaryD, Feb 24, 2006
  7. me

    Joe Guest

    Push, Nevada is the name of it.

    Push, Nevada [21:00, Sci-Fi] is a very peculiar new series. An IRS
    taxman received a misdirected fax, which led him to this gambling town
    to check out fraud. The shifty accountant denied everything, everyone
    in the town behaves peculiarly, the whole place is under visual and
    sound surveillance by a shadowy corporation, which turned the town's
    fortunes around. And at the end, the accountant was wiped out and his
    house was burned down by a masked man, who told the IRS bloke to leave
    town if he knew what was good for him. But right at the end, he turned
    around and headed back to Push, Nevada.
    Joe, Feb 24, 2006
  8. me

    Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > Push, Nevada is the name of it.

    Wow, Joe, it's amazing that you figured that out from the limited
    amount of information provided. I searched IMDB as best I could but
    (since I was looking for shows with the word "Leaving" in them) I
    couldn't find a thing.

    How did you manage to find it?
    , Feb 24, 2006
  9. me

    Joe Guest

    Googled using this "tv series about irs town cia setup " and it was
    listed 4th down on first page.
    Joe, Feb 24, 2006
  10. me

    me Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Push, Nevada is the name of it.
    >
    > Push, Nevada [21:00, Sci-Fi] is a very peculiar new series. An IRS
    > taxman received a misdirected fax, which led him to this gambling town
    > to check out fraud. The shifty accountant denied everything, everyone
    > in the town behaves peculiarly, the whole place is under visual and
    > sound surveillance by a shadowy corporation, which turned the town's
    > fortunes around. And at the end, the accountant was wiped out and his
    > house was burned down by a masked man, who told the IRS bloke to leave
    > town if he knew what was good for him. But right at the end, he turned
    > around and headed back to Push, Nevada.

    Thanks for that Joe,I will pass that info along and see if it is the one he
    was looking for,which,by the sound of it,should be !!

    cheers
    me, Feb 24, 2006
  11. me

    old jon Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Googled using this "tv series about irs town cia setup " and it was
    > listed 4th down on first page.

    That`s gotta be worth a 10 out of 10 J. <g>.
    old jon, Feb 24, 2006
  12. Joe wrote:
    > Googled using this "tv series about irs town cia setup " and it was
    > listed 4th down on first page.

    LOL, piece of cake.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 25, 2006
  13. me

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Fri, 24 Feb 2006
    10:08:17 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "me" <>
    from this open and apparent shame?:

    >I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here

    may
    >recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)

    <snipped>

    >> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...

    I'm glad y'all figured it out.
    I wanna know what "all goes pair shaped from then on" means.

    Does it mean that everything from then on was shaped like two people?
    Or did you misspell "pear?"
    And even if you did, what does that mean?? Is it some weird Oz
    expression?

    Just curious.
    --

    Turn off that damned internet!
    http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/
    Frosty, Feb 26, 2006
  14. me

    me Guest

    "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    > What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Fri, 24 Feb 2006
    > 10:08:17 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "me" <>
    > from this open and apparent shame?:
    >
    >>I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here

    > may
    >>recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)

    > <snipped>
    >
    >>> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...

    > I'm glad y'all figured it out.
    > I wanna know what "all goes pair shaped from then on" means.
    >
    > Does it mean that everything from then on was shaped like two people?
    > Or did you misspell "pear?"
    > And even if you did, what does that mean?? Is it some weird Oz
    > expression?
    >
    > Just curious.
    > --

    "I" didn't misspell it,I just copied and pasted.I noticed that mistake and
    had a chuckle,but couldn't be arsed to change it !!!
    me, Feb 26, 2006
  15. me

    me Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Push, Nevada is the name of it.
    >
    > Push, Nevada [21:00, Sci-Fi] is a very peculiar new series. An IRS
    > taxman received a misdirected fax, which led him to this gambling town
    > to check out fraud. The shifty accountant denied everything, everyone
    > in the town behaves peculiarly, the whole place is under visual and
    > sound surveillance by a shadowy corporation, which turned the town's
    > fortunes around. And at the end, the accountant was wiped out and his
    > house was burned down by a masked man, who told the IRS bloke to leave
    > town if he knew what was good for him. But right at the end, he turned
    > around and headed back to Push, Nevada.

    Thanks again Joe,that was the one he was looking for !!
    me, Feb 26, 2006
  16. me

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:33:54 -0500, Frosty wrote:

    >What trick, what device, what starting-hole on Fri, 24 Feb 2006
    >10:08:17 -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "me" <>
    >from this open and apparent shame?:
    >
    >>I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here

    >may
    >>recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)

    ><snipped>
    >
    >>> the cops hold him etc all goes pair shaped from then on ...

    >I'm glad y'all figured it out.
    >I wanna know what "all goes pair shaped from then on" means.

    As such a good find with the right Google search on the TV show, you
    could have tried

    www.google.com
    expression pear shaped
    http://www.google.com/search?q=expression - pear shaped

    >Does it mean that everything from then on was shaped like two people?
    >Or did you misspell "pear?"
    >And even if you did, what does that mean?? Is it some weird Oz
    >expression?

    No. just Oz.

    >Just curious.

    Me
    why?, Feb 26, 2006
  17. me

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:11:40 -0000, MaryD wrote:

    >"me" <> wrote in message news:%XHLf.564$fL3.333@fed1read01...
    >> I'm asking this for a friend who is looking for it,hope someone here may
    >> recognise it from the description he gave...(cut and pasted)
    >>

    >> Here goes.....
    >>> The Title eludes me but, I'll do my best to discribe it....US comedy,
    >>> Macarbre,Dark and twisted. 2004( viewed in Aus )
    >>>

    >Leaving LA? That was macabre, but I don' recognise this episode.

    That's part of the problem with that search, a clue given leading the
    search astray.

    Leaving LA
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Leaving Normal

    After that, many TV shows had plots with IRS , taxes, laundering, even
    with tv show , series in the search Google was turning up more real life
    stuff then just a TV show.

    Me
    why?, Feb 26, 2006