    something better than Windiws Media Player and Real player. Any suggestions?
    I rented three from Blockbuster and only 2 would play on either. I have XP
    Pro on my unit.

    betsyb, Oct 3, 2004

  2. "betsyb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am very new to computers and want to watch dvd's on my computer. I need
    >something better than Windiws Media Player and Real player. Any
    >suggestions?
    > I rented three from Blockbuster and only 2 would play on either. I have XP
    > Pro on my unit.

    A good program for watching DVDs is InterVideo's "WinDVD."

    If the third disc wouldn't play, it might be because it's defective,
    scratched, etc.

    Normal Fell is God, Oct 3, 2004

  3. betsyb

    FAQmeister Guest

    http://www.cliprex.com/
    http://xinehq.de/
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Oct 3, 2004
  4. betsyb

    Biz Guest

    www.intervideo.com
    www.gocyberlink.com

    Both make good players for your PC.

    Biz, Oct 4, 2004
  5. betsyb

    betsyb Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > www.intervideo.com
    > www.gocyberlink.com
    >
    > Both make good players for your PC.
    >
    > "betsyb" <> wrote in message
    >> I am very new to computers and want to watch dvd's on my computer. I need
    >> something better than Windiws Media Player and Real player. Any

    > suggestions?
    >> I rented three from Blockbuster and only 2 would play on either. I have
    >> XP
    >> Pro on my unit.

    Thanks to all who answered. I will shop around a bit more.

    betsyb, Oct 6, 2004