Help this amateur. Unidirectional speed problem.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by OZJ, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. OZJ

    OZJ Guest

    Problem:

    Copying a large file down from a file server (VLAN A) to a workstation
    (VLAN B) takes about 3 seconds. Copying the same file back up to the
    file server takes roughly 30 minutes.

    Workstations attached to the same VLAN as the server don't have this
    problem.

    Environment:

    10 Cisco 2950s
    All the 2950s are either connected directly to the 4006 via fiber or to
    another directly connected switch via a stacking GBIC.

    As you can imagine, I know next to nothing about routing. I'd really
    appreciate any feedback and I'd be more than happy to post any
    configuration information you request.

    Thanks.
    OZJ, Oct 21, 2004

  2. OZJ

    PJML Guest

    OZJ wrote:
    > Problem:
    >
    > Copying a large file down from a file server (VLAN A) to a workstation
    > (VLAN B) takes about 3 seconds. Copying the same file back up to the
    > file server takes roughly 30 minutes.
    >
    > Workstations attached to the same VLAN as the server don't have this
    > problem.
    >
    > Environment:

    > 10 Cisco 2950s
    > All the 2950s are either connected directly to the 4006 via fiber or to
    > another directly connected switch via a stacking GBIC.
    >
    > As you can imagine, I know next to nothing about routing. I'd really
    > appreciate any feedback and I'd be more than happy to post any
    > configuration information you request.

    First thing - check duplex settings on the source and
    destination devices and the ports they are connected-to
    on the switch(es) - then check the error-rates on the
    links between the switches.
    PJML, Oct 21, 2004