Help Thermal Printers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimbo, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    Hi.
    I need info on thermal printers problem
    It is not really for commercial gain, but for MY sanity

    One printer, only prints the last 2" of a 4" ticket (not bunched up just
    blank then final info and the bar code)

    The other printer the output is distorted and the barcode will not scan

    Any advice/web site/maintenance would be appreciated

    It is down to the printer, as the fault remains/clears by swapping the
    good printer around

    Thanks

    Regards Jimbo
    --
    remove jukebox to reply
    <http://www.witzend.org.uk>
    Jimbo, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Jimbo

    Boomer Guest

    Maybe ask our at comp.periphs.printers also.

    Boomer, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Jimbo wrote:

    > Hi.
    > I need info on thermal printers problem
    > It is not really for commercial gain, but for MY sanity
    >
    > One printer, only prints the last 2" of a 4" ticket (not bunched up just
    > blank then final info and the bar code)
    >
    > The other printer the output is distorted and the barcode will not scan
    >
    > Any advice/web site/maintenance would be appreciated
    >
    > It is down to the printer, as the fault remains/clears by swapping the
    > good printer around
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards Jimbo

    I'm assuming you've already made sure the prob isn't with the print
    media also. Both could be attributed to the media being printed on
    (since it sounds like its a very recurring problem).

    The other possibility I can think of - the printer's "heads" may be
    dirty and in need of a cleaning. Check the manual on suggested cleaning
    cycles and methods and see what it says.

    Good luck - I'm pulling for you!

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    >Maybe ask our at comp.periphs.printers also

    Cheers Boomer, That would have been a good idea
    first off, I just did not think

    Regards Jimbo

    --
    remove jukebox to reply
    <http://www.witzend.org.uk>
    Jimbo, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    >I'm assuming you've already made sure the prob isn't with the print
    >media also. Both could be attributed to the media being printed on
    >(since it sounds like its a very recurring problem).

    Not the media, it is pucker stuff and works on the other two machines
    ok

    >The other possibility I can think of - the printer's "heads" may be
    >dirty and in need of a cleaning. Check the manual on suggested cleaning
    >cycles and methods and see what it says.

    Sounds like the problem, though there are no manuals, and never
    having opened up a thermal before, or on the principal on which
    they work. I was looking to be pointed in the right direction

    soft cloth and some isopoyl tonight then <g>

    Thanks for the heads up
    Regards Jimbo

    --
    remove jukebox to reply
    <http://www.witzend.org.uk>
    Jimbo, Nov 10, 2003
  6. Jimbo

    Boomer Guest

    "Jimbo" <> wrote in

    >>Maybe ask our at comp.periphs.printers also

    > Cheers Boomer, That would have been a good idea
    > first off, I just did not think
    >
    > Regards Jimbo

    Cheers. And good luck. :)
    Boomer, Nov 10, 2003