  1. Hello, I have a Dell 2650 and I am attempting to set up a wireless connection
    in XP however there is no wireless tab. I do not have a wireless driver or if
    it is there, I do know where it is? Please help?

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=, Mar 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=

    Malke Guest

    Professor B. wrote:

    > Hello, I have a Dell 2650 and I am attempting to set up a wireless
    > connection in XP however there is no wireless tab. I do not have a
    > wireless driver or if it is there, I do know where it is? Please help?

    I'm assuming you have a 2650 Inspiron and not a 2650 server. :) Does
    your laptop have a built-in wireless adapter? If not, then you need to
    buy an external wireless network adapter from the store. Go to the
    System applet in Control Panel, Hardware tab, and then to Device
    Manager. Expand the Network Adapters category. If you have a wireless
    adapter, it will be there in addition to the ethernet connection and
    possibly a 1394 connection. If you're not sure what you're seeing, post
    back with the information and we'll tell you.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Thank you. I see the Wireless adater under netwrok but it states it is not
    working correctly. I get a Code 10 error.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=, Mar 18, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=

    Malke Guest

    Professor B. wrote:

    > Thank you. I see the Wireless adater under netwrok but it states it is
    > not working correctly. I get a Code 10 error.

    Reinstall the drivers. Get them from Dell's site. If that doesn't work
    and the laptop is still under warranty, call Dell tech support for
    replacement.

    Malke

    Malke, Mar 18, 2006
  5. Thank you and now for the stupid question, which drivers?

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=, Mar 19, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=

    Malke Guest

    Professor B. wrote:

    > Thank you and now for the stupid question, which drivers?

    The ones for the wireless adapter. The Code 10 means that either the
    drivers are not present (software) or the device isn't detected
    (hardware). Since your device is detected in Device Manager, that means
    the drivers are missing or corrupted or the device itself is somehow
    damaged. Since updating/reinstalling the drivers is the easy first
    troubleshooting step, that's what you do.

    Look at your wireless adapter in Device Manager again and write down its
    name. Then go to Dell's support site for your specific model laptop.
    Download the drivers for the wireless adapter and install them per the
    instructions on Dell's page (if any). If installing the drivers doesn't
    fix the issue, then call Dell tech support because the adapter itself
    could be broken.

    Malke

    Malke, Mar 19, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvZmVzc29yIEIu?=

    SallyL Guest

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Professor B. wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, I have a Dell 2650 and I am attempting to set up a wireless
    > > connection in XP however there is no wireless tab. I do not have a
    > > wireless driver or if it is there, I do know where it is? Please help?

    > I'm assuming you have a 2650 Inspiron and not a 2650 server. :) Does
    > your laptop have a built-in wireless adapter? If not, then you need to
    > buy an external wireless network adapter from the store. Go to the
    > System applet in Control Panel, Hardware tab, and then to Device
    > Manager. Expand the Network Adapters category. If you have a wireless
    > adapter, it will be there in addition to the ethernet connection and
    > possibly a 1394 connection. If you're not sure what you're seeing, post
    > back with the information and we'll tell you.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic"

    hi Malke,
    hope u can help. ive similar problem wit professor B except for the type of
    laptop.
    mine is NEC VERSA A220 wit wireless internet connection. b4 this i used
    window xp service pack 2 & everything was ok but ive just upgraded it to
    service pack 3.

    however, after upgrading it to service pack 3, my audio output & wireless
    connection could not function. ive even tried to update under the device
    manager with the caution sign ! for multimedia. but it says there couldnt
    find software.

    for wireless connection, i couldnt find any connection tab for wireless
    except for LAN dial-up connection only as i'm using now. ive gone thru the
    help and support for network troubleshooting, it says go to the wireless
    connection tab but i couldnt find one.

    pls help. thanks.

    SallyL, Aug 2, 2008