    no longer available".

    What causes this?

    tia
    random electron, Jan 29, 2005

  2. random electron

    Ken Wright Guest

    Re: The specified network name is no longer available

    Is your wireless connected by USB by any chance, and if so is it via a non
    powered hub?

    --
    Regards
    Ken.......................

    "random electron" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have researched this problem on the web. Many have asked the question,
    > there have been no good answers. Let's try here.
    >
    > I have a network with a cable modem feeding an SMC 7004AWBR. There is one
    > hardwired computer. There are 2 wireless computers. All computers can
    > access the internet. All computers can see each other. They all run

    Windows
    > XP pro.
    >
    > Here's the problem. If I try to copy a single small file from the

    hardwired

    Ken Wright, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Re: The specified network name is no longer available

    "Ken Wright" <> wrote in

    > Is your wireless connected by USB by any chance, and if so is it via a
    > non powered hub?

    No. In this case, the wireless nic is a pci card.

    Regards
    random electron, Jan 29, 2005
  4. I am having the same problem. I've seen reports of this elsewhere, but have
    not found a solution.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Rich Maggio

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaCBNYWdnaW8=?=, Feb 3, 2005