    switched over to Navigator to look at some of my bookmarked websites.
    What could have happened? Is there a way to restore the bookmarks? It
    must be a serious glitch in Mozilla 1.7. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

    tenplay, Aug 5, 2004

  2. tenplay

    Quivis Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > My 300 or so bookmarks are suddenly gone. I was reading my email and
    > switched over to Navigator to look at some of my bookmarked websites.
    > What could have happened? Is there a way to restore the bookmarks? It
    > must be a serious glitch in Mozilla 1.7. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

    You could try searching for "bookmarks.html" on your drive, open the
    largest one you find (drop it onto the Mozilla browser window) and see
    if it contains what you're looking for. If it does, copy/move it to the
    settings directory and restart Mozilla.

    E.g. on XP, it's something like:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<your_login_name>\Application Data\Mozilla
    \Profiles\default\<some_random_characters>.slt\bookmarks.html

    HTH

    Q.

    Quivis, Aug 5, 2004