HELP!!!! STUPID BLANK FILE DOWNLOADS?!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jaycow@gmail.com, Oct 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I recently installed Visual Studio Standard 2003 onto my computer. I'm
    running Windows XP Pro SP2. Everything was working fine up until i
    installed this bastard. After that, anything Internet Explorer related
    just dies. For example, using AOL Instant Messenger is a pain. Every
    time someone sends me an instant message, i get a pop-up that asks for
    a file download. the file is blank and the name is blank. i managed to
    save a file and opened it with notepad and it's just a simple line of
    code/script. This happens every time i get messaged. Also, if i ever
    try to open a help file for any program besides firefox (which i am
    using now), i get the same dialog box that pops up asking to download
    a blank file. It doesn't come from any one file source. The Visual
    Studio doesn't even work. It asked me to reinstall the program due to
    the compiler being corrupted and i tried to. However, after
    uninstalling the library, the program itself won't uninstall. When i
    try to open up the menu, i get more popup boxes asking to download
    more blank files. i restarted the computer and now the setup won't
    even run. i tried to google a resolution for this but i've come up
    with nothing and i don't even konw what to search for! this is my last
    hope =( i don't want to do a system restore because my computer will
    not run the same again after that.

    , Oct 5, 2007

  2. Guest

    On Oct 4, 9:59 pm, wrote:
    > I recently installed Visual Studio Standard 2003 onto my computer. I'm
    > running Windows XP Pro SP2. Everything was working fine up until i
    > installed this bastard. After that, anything Internet Explorer related
    > just dies. For example, using AOL Instant Messenger is a pain. Every
    > time someone sends me an instant message, i get a pop-up that asks for
    > a file download. the file is blank and the name is blank. i managed to
    > save a file and opened it with notepad and it's just a simple line of
    > code/script. This happens every time i get messaged. Also, if i ever
    > try to open a help file for any program besides firefox (which i am
    > using now), i get the same dialog box that pops up asking to download
    > a blank file. It doesn't come from any one file source. The Visual
    > Studio doesn't even work. It asked me to reinstall the program due to
    > the compiler being corrupted and i tried to. However, after
    > uninstalling the library, the program itself won't uninstall. When i
    > try to open up the menu, i get more popup boxes asking to download
    > more blank files. i restarted the computer and now the setup won't
    > even run. i tried to google a resolution for this but i've come up
    > with nothing and i don't even konw what to search for! this is my last
    > hope =( i don't want to do a system restore because my computer will
    > not run the same again after that.

    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4170/13840601ex9.jpg
    This is a link to the pop up window i was talking about. the
    background is what happens when i click "FIND"

    , Oct 5, 2007