HELP - Study and Take 70-536 or Similar Exam

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Jason, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Hello,

    I'm an experienced .NET programmer, but am having problems getting
    into the groove in studying for the 70-536 exam. I have the Microsoft
    Self-Paced Training Guide (2nd Edition) for this exam, and have
    purchased the Transcender Exam as well.

    I guess in a nutshell I want to be able to pass the test as soon as
    possible, but am getting lost in all the details... Since Transcender
    has 3 exams, someone suggested I should:

    1) Go over 1st Transcender Exam. -- For those questions you get
    wrong, go back and study those sections until you understand the right
    answer.

    2) Go over the 2nd Transcender Exam. -- For those questions you get
    wrong, go back and study those sections until you understand the right
    answer.

    3) Book for the Test.

    4) While waiting for the Test Date, go over the 3rd Transcender Exam.
    -- For those questions you get wrong, go back and study those
    sections until you understand the right answer.

    5) Write the test.

    I would really appreciate feedback from those people who have passed
    either the 70-536 Exam, or a similar one. What worked for you? What
    would you do differently if you could do it again? Should I buy more
    tests or aids?

    Thanks
    Jason
    Jason, Feb 15, 2010

  2. Hi Jason!

    I don't know the Transcender Exams. I used the MSPress Self-Paced
    Training Kit (as you wrote, too) and used the offer of measureup.com to
    do some tests there.

    When I failed in a question there, I read the explanation, read about
    the topic in the MSDN Library and wrote my own small programs so I
    played around with the different functions that are available. And also
    important: I didn't just try to find the real answer - I also tried to
    give a reason, why the other answers was wrong.

    After all this stuff, I simply went to the exam and passed it. I was
    still a little surprised by a few questions when I found another topic
    where I lacked some knowlede but I got a higher score than required so I
    would say: Not all was right but the preparation was good. And I will
    try to do the same with the other exams I plan to take.

    Ohh ... doing something while you wait for the exam? Normaly there isn't
    much time between registering for an exam and the exam itself. What I
    always try before an exam: Stay cool. It is my experience that it is
    not good for me, if I go trough something directly in front of an exam.
    (Could be different if you just want to quickly learn something, get the
    exam and thats it. But I want the knowledge behind so when I go to an
    interview, I don't want them to wonder how I passed the exams :p )

    That is just my personal view. I am also quite new to these exams and
    finished the first exam a few weeks ago (070-536). I am preparing myself
    for the 070-562 at the moment. And maybe I interrupt myself shortly to
    quickly take the 070-433 which could be quicker and easier for me.)

    With kind regards,

    Konrad
    Konrad Neitzel, Feb 15, 2010