  1. My computer reboots suddenly, with no warning. Usually while surfing the web
    or using P2P file sharing (soulseek). I'm using windows XP Pro 64 bit. Error
    report indicates a device driver problem. please help!
    =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Have you checked your device manager, to see if any of your devices have a
    yellow exclamation sign over it to indicate a problem?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Ted.

    It may be a hardware problem (heat, bad cables, dirty connectors, failing
    power supply, or ???). If it is a software problem, you should be able to
    get a clue by changing the default setting for (what to do in case of)
    System failure. The default (ever since Win2K) is to Automatically restart.
    Like so many default settings, this one is for the benefit of newbies, since
    so many computer problems are transitory and are solved by simply rebooting.
    When that doesn't work, though, we are left with no clue as to what the
    problem was/is. :>(

    Go to System Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery / Settings. Under
    System failure, remove the check from Automatically restart. Next time,
    instead of a sudden reboot, the computer should halt with a BSOD, and it
    won't reboot until you press the computer's Reset button. If you can't
    figure it out from the Stop code, post it here (with the other codes in the
    BSOD) and we should be able to help you figure it out.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Okay, I was running the driver verifier and I got a blue screeen that gives
    me a bunch of info. : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ***STOP:0x000000D1 (0x90E4CFDC, 0X00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF4FF2AAD2)
    ***WTMWDM.sys - adress F4F2AAD2 base at F4F29000, Datestamp3d17d89c

    =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=, Aug 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=

    Bill Ross Guest

    Did you get this worked out?

    Are you using a C-Media audio solution by any chance?

    Bill Ross

    Bill Ross, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Umm, I don't exactly know what that is, but I have got a a third party
    soundcard, (ESI Waveterminal 192M) and I have had some problems with it in
    the past.

    I had another shutdown the other day and it spat out a different stop code.

    ***Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x4C4593883, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF64B5D98)
    ***WUSBGXP.SYS - AdressF64B5D98 Base at F648C000 Datestamp4069F4DA.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=, Aug 5, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dGVkMjIyMg==?=

    Bill Ross Guest

    Have you tried disabling the sound card in Hardware Device Manager?

    Also, the Stop message has the suspicious combination of letters - USB. You
    might see what you have on USB.

    Bill Ross

    Bill Ross, Aug 6, 2005