    camera, when i plug it in the usb port, computer alerts me that i have
    pluged in new device, but he sees it like unknown device and not like
    camera... help, help...
    Lorenzo, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Lorenzo

    CSM1 Guest

    "Lorenzo" <> wrote in message
    news:bn8cfk$cnh$...
    > I have windows xp sp1, and i have troubles downloading the pictures from

    my
    > camera, when i plug it in the usb port, computer alerts me that i have
    > pluged in new device, but he sees it like unknown device and not like
    > camera... help, help...

    Install the software from the CD that came with the camera.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Guest

    > Install the software from the CD that came with the camera.

    I did that but it didnt help, i am still experiencing problems, when i run
    image transfer there is no device available to copy pictures from... because
    my camera is recognised as unknown device and not like sony dsc-p52, on my
    other computer (on which i have me windows it works) but on the one i am
    using xp it doesnt... is there any drivers available for sony camera??? help
    me please...
    Lorenzo, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Hi Lorenzo,

    I have a Sony S85 and XP operating system and I never required the software
    as XP provides its own drivers.

    Basically, as with quite a few digital cameras, computers do not recognise
    the camera as a camera, but rather the memory card as another drive, just
    like your floppy 'A' drive and so on.

    So, when you plug the camera in, go to my computer and see if you have a
    drive there that only appears when the camera is plugged in, double click on
    that until you see your pictures and copy and past to a file on your hard
    drive.

    Hope that helps, but if not best thing to do is go to www.dpreview.com and
    try the Sony forum that is there.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Lorenzo

    Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:28:21 +0100, "Stephen Leslie"
    <> wrote:

    >So, when you plug the camera in, go to my computer and see if you have a
    >drive there that only appears when the camera is plugged in, double click on
    >that until you see your pictures and copy and past to a file on your hard
    >drive.

    Why do you use copy and paste? When you copy something it goes to the
    clipboard, and there it stays until you copy something else or you
    reboot. With a full 256mb card that's the best part of 256mb of memory
    occupied until you do one of the two actions above. If you doubt me,
    then try it at the beginning of the day, then at the end of the day
    you'll still be able to paste again, and again, and again......
    because the pics have resided in memory all day. Drag and drop leaves
    memory free.

    MJ
    , Oct 23, 2003
  6. Lorenzo

    Gundam Guest

    After I installed my Sony P9 CD on the WinXP computer, everytime I
    connect the cable connected to the camera, WinXP pops up for a few
    options. I assume yours doesn't do that?

    Next thing to try:
    - get a Memory stick reader that plugs into USB, plug in the MS with
    photos and see what happens
    - if anything, it should appear as a removable drive, then just COPY
    or MOVE photos in File Explorer

    Gundam, Oct 23, 2003
  7. Hi MJ,

    Of course I recommend the click and drag option as I use it myself in
    Windows Explorer, but Lorenzo had enough problems just trying to see the
    images, so just thought to keep it simple to begin with.

    Also, I could'nt be bothered typing out instructions on it either. Well it
    is my day off and I work in a camera store so I need a break now and then
    from them! (But will assist if possible)

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Oct 24, 2003