    came along suddenly and I'm wondering if it's something I did even
    though I used my camera for a couple years with nothing like this
    happening. Please help. Thanks Steve

    Prescriptions, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Prescriptions

    Chef! Guest

    did you transfer the memory stick from the old camera to your mother's?

    Chef!, Aug 4, 2004

  3. "Chef!" <> wrote in message news:<Fp1Qc.48$>...
    > did you transfer the memory stick from the old camera to your mother's?

    Yes I did. It still took a few pictures though. Might this be the problem?

    Prescriptions, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Prescriptions

    Skip M Guest

    > > did you transfer the memory stick from the old camera to your mother's?
    > >

    > Yes I did. It still took a few pictures though. Might this be the

    problem?

    2 cameras, 1 memory stick, I'd say the memory stick is a prime suspect. 2
    cameras, 2 memory sticks, possible operator error. 1 camera, 2 memory
    sticks, probable camera problem.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Aug 5, 2004
  5. What could a memory stick do to a camera? Can it be fixed?

    Prescriptions, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Prescriptions

    Chef! Guest

    try cleaning the contacts and inspect that the contacts are straight and try
    before buying a new MS to test.

    Chef!, Aug 5, 2004
  7. Prescriptions

    Skip M Guest

    > What could a memory stick do to a camera? Can it be fixed?

    Try another memory stick.

    Skip M, Aug 5, 2004
  8. O.k. I tried another memory stick and it still didn't work. Then I
    cleaned the new stick and it worked in one of the cameras and not the
    other. The old stick still doesn't work. Now I'm really confused as
    to why a new clean stick would work in one camera and not the other
    yet the old stick still doesn't work in either. Also, thanks for
    helping me try and figure this out. Any other suggestions?

    Prescriptions, Aug 5, 2004
  9. Prescriptions

    Chef! Guest

    Longshot - compare the pins of the good MS to the bad MS, are they the same?
    If not maybe the bad on disrupted some of the receiving connectors inside
    the camera itself.
    Can you still format the bad stick? If so do a format and then give it a
    go.

    Chef!, Aug 6, 2004
  10. THe pins look the same. Now the "bad memorystick" seems to work on
    one camera and not the other. So basically one of the cameras appears
    to be fixed. The other still has a problem but I'm not sure if it is
    memory stick problem. If I take pictures with the good camera and
    then put the memory stick in the bad camera it can read and display
    the photos that were already taken. Yet, when you try to take a
    picture, it will act as though a photo has been taken and even store a
    blank image on memory stick. Oh yeah, and when the camera is in photo
    taking mode the LCD even shows a blank image. So at first I thought
    it was a broken LCD. But the lcd works fine. Curious problem indeed.

    Prescriptions, Aug 6, 2004
  11. The cameras still have the problem. Any other ideas? Anyone?

    Prescriptions, Aug 19, 2004
  12. Prescriptions

    jdap Guest

    Re: Help! Sony Cybershot - Same Problem on 2 Cameras

    Hello!! I had the exact same problem with my camera. Never abused,
    dropped, left outside or in rain, etc. I think it really boils down to
    the memory stick...when I use the SONY (chintzy) 8mb it came with
    everything works fine, but I've had several problems with the Lexar
    128mb MS, such as the camera saying "Memory Stick Error", & then this
    whole black screen thing.

    The first time it happened, I removed the MS, pushed the reset button
    on the bottom of the camera (held it in for a good 10 seconds...figured
    couldn't hurt the cam at this point), & nothing happened..same problem,
    but when I did it again, started working again!

    After finding this forum, I looked at the gold contacts of the MS &
    noticed they were fairly dirty. Since cleaning, I just hope the thing
    works from here on out...I don't like the thought of having a $249
    "disposable" digital camera around, & SONY products have usually been
    reliable with extended use. If anyone happens to be in the market for
    an incredible, bulletproof camera, buy a SONY TRV-900 3CCD Camcorder
    with built-in compact flash. You can find them in excellent condition
    all day on eBay, or look on the site www.bealecorner.com for the best
    resource on the net (not affiliated with either).

    Good luck!

    jdap, Dec 7, 2004
  13. Prescriptions

    jdap, Dec 7, 2004