    Thank you for you attention.

    Gr. Carley
    , Oct 31, 2005

  2. old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hello all,
    >
    > After a crash and reinstall Windows XP Pro with SP 2 the shortcuts on the
    > 'desktop' and 'quick launch bar' aren't working anymore. When i
    > (double)click them I see the hourglass but that's it. Nothing happens.
    > When starting the PC in 'safe mode' they work fine. How can I resolve this
    > problem??
    > Thank you for you attention.
    >
    > Gr. Carley

    The first, and totally free, thing to do is. Rt\click My
    Computer\Manage\Event Viewer.
    click the cross to expand. Then dbl\click each of the 3 items and see if you
    have any
    errors\warnings. If you do, dbl\click them and see what the errors are.
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:49:32 GMT, "old jon"
    <> wrote:
    - -Quoted Text-
    >> After a crash and reinstall Windows XP Pro with SP 2 the shortcuts on the
    >> 'desktop' and 'quick launch bar' aren't working anymore. When i
    >> (double)click them I see the hourglass but that's it. Nothing happens.
    >> When starting the PC in 'safe mode' they work fine. How can I resolve this
    >> problem??

    >The first, and totally free, thing to do is. Rt\click My
    >Computer\Manage\Event Viewer.
    >click the cross to expand. Then dbl\click each of the 3 items and see if you
    >have any
    >errors\warnings. If you do, dbl\click them and see what the errors are.
    >bw..

    When running in safe mode (the only mode I get the PC running) I got the
    error:
    Event Viewer:
    Unable to complete the operation on "Application/Security/System". The
    interface is unknown.

    gr. Carley.
    , Oct 31, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:18:59 GMT, "Ben Myers"
    <> wrote:

    - -Quoted Text-
    >I suggest a virus scan.
    >

    >> After a crash and reinstall Windows XP Pro with SP 2 the shortcuts on the
    >> 'desktop' and 'quick launch bar' aren't working anymore. When i
    >> (double)click them I see the hourglass but that's it. Nothing happens.
    >> When starting the PC in 'safe mode' they work fine. How can I resolve this
    >> problem??
    >> Thank you for you attention.
    >>
    >> Gr. Carley

    I did an extented virus and adaware scan: the system was and is clean.
    Other suggestions??

    gr. Carley.
    , Nov 2, 2005
  5. Ben Myers Guest

    You might try tweak #20 on the following page.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 3, 2005