    laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
    installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any help
    given.
    =?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=, Oct 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=

    Malke Guest

    jaymom wrote:

    > I have sucessfully hooked my wirless laptop to my network printer
    > (HP) and
    > it works fine but once I turn the computer off and turn back on the I
    > get a message
    > "Printer Properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is
    > not running".
    > I have uninstalled the printer and software from both the desktop and
    > laptop and reinstalled and the printer works fine again from the
    > laptop but each
    > time the laptop is turn off the problem occurs again. What can I do
    > to stop
    > this from happening. would it be possible to install actual printer
    > wired to
    > laptop instead of just running software and bypassing plug in while
    > installing then unplug and plug back in to desktop. Thanks for any
    > help given.

    Here we go again. Please give the exact model of the HP and exactly how
    it connects to the network. You keep calling it a "network printer" but
    that may be misleading. All this talk of "plug in" doesn't make any
    sense so let's start with the basics.

    Also see my answer to your previous post. Do everyone a favor and set up
    a newsreader.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Oct 23, 2006

  3. HI Malke

    After today I think my computer days should come to an end.

    I have tried all day to get outlook express with no such luck and caused
    other problems. so will still work on getting the newsreader. Thanks for the
    suggestion.

    My HP Printer is a PSC 1350 and it is hooked up to my desktop computer.

    I'm using a NETGEAR router for my wireless internet connection with my laptop.

    I followed you instructions from my original post and installed the printer
    software on my laptop except when it came to the point of plugging the
    printer into the usb port, I check the box continue installation without
    device. The printer worked from the laptop just fine until I turned it off
    for the night and the next morning it wouldn't work kept getting the message
    print spooler service not running so I uninstalled printer from both desktop
    and laptop and reinstalled and the printer worked once again until I turn the
    laptop off again. The desktop is never turned off so it and printer was on
    when I attempted to print from laptop with the same message about print
    spooler svc not running. I also tried the cmd net spooler start and then net
    spooler stop and net spooler start each gave a message sucessfully start and
    stop but when I attempted to print again I still got the same message.

    =?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=, Oct 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=

    Malke Guest

    jaymom wrote:

    > HI Malke
    >
    > After today I think my computer days should come to an end.
    >
    > I have tried all day to get outlook express with no such luck and
    > caused
    > other problems. so will still work on getting the newsreader. Thanks
    > for the suggestion.
    >
    > My HP Printer is a PSC 1350 and it is hooked up to my desktop
    > computer.
    >
    > I'm using a NETGEAR router for my wireless internet connection with my
    > laptop.

    (snip)

    I have to tell you that it isn't clear to me what you are doing and why
    you are having such a hard time. However, apparently the PSC 1350 can
    be connected via ethernet to your network. You should do this. If you
    don't have an extra ethernet cable (or one didn't come with the
    printer), go buy one. You will follow the instructions in the link
    below and connect the printer directly to the Netgear router. This will
    make the printer a true network printer and you will not need to worry
    about sharing or a local connection.

    Changing the HP All-in-One from USB to Network
    http://tinyurl.com/ymge29

    If you can't do this, have a local professional come on-site and set you
    up. This will not be someone from whatever BigStoreUSA you have in your
    area.

    Malke
    Malke, Oct 24, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amF5bW9t?=

    Patty Guest

    On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:57:20 -0700, Malke wrote:
    > (snip)
    >
    > I have to tell you that it isn't clear to me what you are doing and why
    > you are having such a hard time. However, apparently the PSC 1350 can
    > be connected via ethernet to your network. You should do this. If you
    > don't have an extra ethernet cable (or one didn't come with the
    > printer), go buy one. You will follow the instructions in the link
    > below and connect the printer directly to the Netgear router. This will
    > make the printer a true network printer and you will not need to worry
    > about sharing or a local connection.
    >
    > Changing the HP All-in-One from USB to Network
    > http://tinyurl.com/ymge29
    >
    > If you can't do this, have a local professional come on-site and set you
    > up. This will not be someone from whatever BigStoreUSA you have in your
    > area.
    >
    > Malke

    In any case, whether the printer is networked through the network cable or
    shared from another computer, the printer needs to be installed as a
    "network" printer not as a "local" printer from any computer it is not
    directly attached to. So, in the instance where the printer is directly
    connected to your desktop, it is installed as a local printer on the
    desktop. On the laptop it is installed as a network printer.

    If you buy a network cable and attach the printer to your router, then it
    needs to be installed as a network printer on all computers.

    Run the "Add Printer Wizard" on the laptop and see if it installs better
    that way than running the executable printer install from HP. Choose
    Network Printer and browse for it on the network.

    Patty
    Patty, Oct 24, 2006