    PCs. I am interested to here how you have prepared. Thank you in
    advance.

    Peter
    pez, Mar 14, 2006

  2. pez

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "pez" <> say in
    news::

    > I am basically asking some of you
    > to share your opinions and experiences with me.

    I have experienced Disco and I don't like it, but that's just my opinion

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Did you expect mere proof to sway my opinion?
    Neil, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Me too, but I'm not much of a dancer.
    --
    Loopy

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcGJhY2s=?=, Mar 14, 2006
  4. pez

    pez Guest

    Thanks, I'll have to remember that.
    pez, Mar 14, 2006
  5. pez

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have experienced Disco and I don't like it, but that's just my opinion

    Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    to talk.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 14, 2006
  6. pez

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >I have experienced Disco and I don't like it, but that's just my opinion

    > Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    > to talk.

    How deep is your glove?
    Frisbee®, Mar 14, 2006
  7. pez

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Mar 14, 2006 at 2:12pm "Kline Sphere" blathered:

    > Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    > to talk.

    Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around since I was born.

    (I just love this game)

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
    TechGeekPro, Mar 14, 2006
  8. pez

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Mar 14, 2006 at 2:17pm "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    >> >I have experienced Disco and I don't like it, but that's just my opinion

    >> Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    >> to talk.

    > How deep is your glove?

    Oh good Loward, not *this* again.

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    I fart in your general direction.
    TechGeekPro, Mar 14, 2006
  9. pez

    Frisbee® Guest

    > On Mar 14, 2006 at 2:12pm "Kline Sphere" blathered:
    >
    >> Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    >> to talk.

    > Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around since I was born.
    >
    > (I just love this game)

    Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Givin' some jive! Givin' some jive!
    Frisbee®, Mar 14, 2006
  10. pez

    Frisbee® Guest

    > On Mar 14, 2006 at 2:17pm "Frisbee®" blathered:
    >
    >> "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    >>> to talk.

    >> How deep is your glove?

    > Oh good Loward, not *this* again.

    <Barbarino>
    What?
    </Barbarino>
    Frisbee®, Mar 14, 2006
  11. pez

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Frisbee®:

    >> Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    >> to talk.

    > How deep is your glove?

    Celll-i-bate good times, come on!

    Oy. I can't believe I'm jumping into this thread.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Mar 14, 2006
  12. pez

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Mar 14, 2006 at 2:29pm "JaR" blathered:

    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, the
    > plaintive wail of Frisbee®:
    >
    >>> Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man no time
    >>> to talk.

    >> How deep is your glove?

    > Celll-i-bate good times, come on!
    >
    > Oy. I can't believe I'm jumping into this thread.

    Unce, tice, fee times a maybe.

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    How come wrong numbers are never busy?
    TechGeekPro, Mar 14, 2006
  13. pez

    Wayne Guest

    "pez" <> wrote in message
    >I know this has been asked before. I am basically asking some of you
    > to share your opinions and experiences with me. Currently I have 2
    > desktops and a laptop that I have been using. I normally install 2000
    > server on one of the desktops and use this as my PDC. I then install
    > 2000 pro on the other desktop and use this PC as a basic client when
    > doing labs that require server/client configuration. I recently
    > completed my MCSA in 2000. I am now studying for 70-216. Up to this
    > point when I have sat for my exams I have been fairly
    > comfortable/confident. But I have always been a bit lacking in RRAS,
    > VPN, IIS. How have you all been able to simulate these on a test
    > network. Can I do this with virtual PC's or is it better with real
    > PCs. I am interested to here how you have prepared. Thank you in
    > advance.
    >
    > Peter

    This is going to be difficult for you. The majority of people find 70-216 to
    be the hardest of the MS Exams. If your pc's are running with 1 Gb of ram or
    more you'll be able to setup 2 - 3 servers (2000 will run happily on 256 Mb
    ram) in a virtual environment and play as much as you can.
    Dig deep into the technology, refer to the rfc's ( I know, they're a bit
    hard to wade through, but they are the bible as far as TCP/IP goes!). Try
    rfc1180 first, gives a really good explanation of tcp/ip, no matter how
    experienced you are, starting there is a good revision point. Then go back
    to rfc's 791 and 793. For VPN/IPSEC, rfc's 2401 -2411 explain it. Or try
    http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_IPSecurityIPSecProtocols.htm
    Finally, go to Google and put in the following (minus quotes) "windows 2000
    tcp/ip site:microsoft.com" and start researching doubtful points.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    MCP NT 3.51 and Windows 95
    Wayne, Mar 14, 2006
  14. pez

    @ Guest

    "pez" <> wrote in message
    > I am basically asking some of you
    > to share your opinions and experiences with me.

    I have no opinions. When I was 8, I went fishing, and when I cast off, I
    caught the hook in my ear. It was very painful.

    Oh. You weren't talking to me.
    @, Mar 15, 2006
  15. pez

    pez Guest

    Thanks for the info. I will definately look into those RFC's. Other
    than you (Wayne) it doesn't seem like anyone else was willing to give
    me any advice. What is this newgroup for then? I understand my
    orignal post my have come out wrong (as far as the wording goes) but I
    really don't think I deserved the responses I got. I was just looking
    for some ideas as to how others studied for their MCSE's but I guess
    this was the wrong newsgroup for that. Thanks again for all the help.
    pez, Mar 15, 2006
  16. pez

    Frisbee® Guest

    "pez" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info. I will definately look into those RFC's. Other
    > than you (Wayne) it doesn't seem like anyone else was willing to give
    > me any advice. What is this newgroup for then? I understand my
    > orignal post my have come out wrong (as far as the wording goes) but I
    > really don't think I deserved the responses I got. I was just looking
    > for some ideas as to how others studied for their MCSE's but I guess
    > this was the wrong newsgroup for that. Thanks again for all the help.

    Next time, post in a more appropriate newsgroup.

    Like alt.get.this.bug.out.of.my.ass
    Frisbee®, Mar 15, 2006
  17. pez

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "pez" <> say in

    > really don't think I deserved the responses I got.

    it's called humour...it's lots of fun, try it.

    fact is if you can't find you answer at www.microsoft.com/learning or
    from google or from using the product, you are likely asking for a brian
    dump. Cheating is bad....

    other than that every question has liekly been asked and answered already
    in this here froup. so please, enjoy the occasional frivolity found here.

    HTH, HAND

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Mechanical Engineers build weapons; Civil Engineers build targets.
    Neil, Mar 15, 2006
  18. pez

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:

    <Snippity snip>

    > so please, enjoy the occasional frivolity
    > found here.

    Oh how lovely, I think I will! Thanks for the invite, what about snacks?

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 15, 2006
  19. pez

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in news:usVCkdFSGHA.4452
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > what about snacks?

    I'd love some, what do you have?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Epitaph of HUMPTY DUMPTY: Rest In Pieces
    Neil, Mar 15, 2006
  20. pez

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: Neil assaulted us with:
    > did you hear "LRM" <> say in
    > news:usVCkdFSGHA.4452 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> what about snacks?

    > I'd love some, what do you have?

    *checks pocket*
    I have a lifesaver with some blue lint. You?
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Mar 15, 2006