    share shouldn't I? With the wireless router bridged it should work,
    yes?

    JohnF

    JohnF, Dec 6, 2006

  2. JohnF

    Gordon Guest

    JohnF wrote:

    > I have Verizon wireless internet service and want to share it at home
    > with 2 other comps. I should be able to connect a wireless router to
    > the network port of the computer that has the wireless service and
    > share shouldn't I? With the wireless router bridged it should work,
    > yes?
    >
    > JohnF

    If it really IS a router, then you shouldn't have to connect it to anything.
    As long as all your machines are wireless-enabled, they should just join
    the network.

    Gordon, Dec 6, 2006

  3. JohnF

    Kenny Guest

    Also make sure your firewall is set with an IP range and subnet mask.
    I had to manually set these in Zone Alarm on both main PC and laptop before
    the network would operate.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Dec 6, 2006
  4. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    The Verizon wireless service is a cardbus broadband modem (a cell
    phone modem card) in the laptop, there is no external connection for a
    router. The service comes to just the laptop through a pcmcia card. I
    am counting on being able to use the XP ICS to route to an external
    wireless router through the rj45 network connector and share service
    the other computers on my home network.
    I have a similar setup here at work where the wireless service comes
    from the dish into a wired router to most of the comps in the system.
    Then I have a wired connection to a 2nd (wireless) router in my office
    to service any laptops or other wireless devices in the system (yes,
    there are reasons for it to be set up this way. This building is the
    "Cone of Silence" of radio signals).
    I just want to get some details about using a laptop in place of the
    1st router in a similar system.

    The more I type about this stuff the more I think it will work just
    fine........I think.

    JohnF

    JohnF, Dec 7, 2006
  5. JohnF

    Gordon Guest

    JohnF wrote:

    > The Verizon wireless service is a cardbus broadband modem (a cell
    > phone modem card) in the laptop, there is no external connection for a
    > router. The service comes to just the laptop through a pcmcia card. I
    > am counting on being able to use the XP ICS to route to an external
    > wireless router through the rj45 network connector and share service
    > the other computers on my home network.

    If you are going to have to buy a wireless router, then just spend a few
    (dollars?) Pounds more and get an ADSL Modem/Router that will do exactly
    what I said.

    Gordon, Dec 7, 2006
  6. JohnF

    JohnF Guest