    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    David
    webspider, Nov 4, 2004

  2. webspider

    juniperr Guest

    Yes I have done this and you could have just used IAS (RADIUS) which comes with
    windows 2003 and 2000 server instead of buying ACS.

    juniperr, Nov 4, 2004

  3. webspider

    webspider Guest

    On 4 Nov 2004 12:06:40 -0800, (juniperr) wrote:

    >Yes I have done this and you could have just used IAS (RADIUS) which comes with
    >windows 2003 and 2000 server instead of buying ACS.
    >
    >webspider <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> I was finally able to setup Authentication for IPSEC clients From
    >> Active Directory (Group Membership). I had to do it via ACS (RADIUS).
    >> It seem so complicated for a "common task": i.e. Allow a user to
    >> authenticate to a VPN3K if they belong to a certain Active Directory
    >> Group.
    >>
    >> Questions: 1) Has anyone else set this up ?
    >> 2) Also , I would like to use the same Authentication
    >> method for WebVPN users. It looks like I will need to setup another
    >> internal group on the VPN3K , and more logic via ACS
    >>

    >> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> David

    Were you able to get WebVPN working ?

    Also any links to specific docs on AD (Groups) & WebVPN ?

    Thanks,
    David
    webspider, Nov 5, 2004
  4. webspider

    Guest

    I was just recently able to get the 3005 WEBvpn connecting via IAS
    (2000) or AD.
    First setup up the AD connection, test auth.
    Then set up Webvpn first to use local DB first.
    Once you have the Webvpn auth by the local DB, change the order and the
    AD should begin authentication.
    The key was a statement about global auth. The webvpn doesn't care
    about anything other than the global auth.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer...on_guide_chapter09186a00801f1dd5.html#1002793
    Good Luck
    , Dec 15, 2004