*HELP* Search bar missing engines

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Matt.Albiniak@gmail.com, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Dec 28, 2005

  2. RedAphex Guest

    On 28 Dec 2005 09:31:22 -0800, wrote:

    >My search bar search engines went AWOL, and I can't seem to restore
    >them (see: http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2343/untitled42db.gif).
    >
    >Even if I try to add engines
    >(https://addons.mozilla.org/search-engines.php), they won't update into
    >the search bar.
    >
    >So far I've tried:
    >- closing/reopening FF
    >- rebooting Windows :)
    >- uninstalling/reinstalling FF 1.5
    >- Googling for help
    >- posting here
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    I too have been having this problem for some time. I did pretty much
    everything you tried but eventually just gave up on it. If I remember
    back to when this happened; I also lost my bookmarks and ever since
    the browser window will only open in the top left corner of the
    desktop. I thought maybe I had a virus or some ad junk for awhile but
    Adaware, Spybot & Kaspersky haven't picked up anything that I recall.

    RedAphex, Oct 3, 2006

  3. R.E.Pasco Guest

    As I recall, this happened to me several months ago. In Win XP I went to
    "start" "run," typed in "firefox.exe -ProfileManager" (no quotes, leave
    space between firefox.exe and -ProfileManager") I created and selected a new
    profile in the box and the search engines reappeared.

    R.E.Pasco, Nov 9, 2006