    KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF THE Q&A FORM THE FORUM AND I
    STILL CA NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM, HELP ME PLEASE, AND IF YOU CAN, GIME ME STEPS
    OF HOW TO SOLVE THE PLROBLEM, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, THANKS
    =?Utf-8?B?Q0FSTUVO?=, Jan 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q0FSTUVO?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Read first the following page as a whole (I.e. do not click on any link).

    Than use the appropriate links.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    It might take some time but it is easier than Reading a whole page in CAPS.
    ;)

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "CARMEN" <> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > JUST LET ME TELL YOU THAT THIS NEWSGROUP IS AN EXCELLENT HELP, AND THAT I
    > APPRECIATE EVERBODY'S EFFORT. WELL, I HAVE NETGEAR WRG614 WIRELESS

    ROUTER,
    > AND SPRINT DSL MODEM CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER, AND THE ROUTER CONNECTED TO

    > DELL PC WITH WINDOWS HOME EDITION SP1. THE WIRELESS PC IS A HP WITH

    WINDOWS
    > PROFESSIONAL SP2, I ALSO HAVE ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. I HAVE INTERNET
    > CONNECTION IN BOTH COMPUTERS. I CAN PING EACH OTHER COMPUTERS. I CAN SEE

    THE
    > COMPUTERS IN NETWORK PLACES. THE COMPUTERS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES AND SAME
    > WORKGROUP NAME. I SHARED THE C DRIVES IN EACH COMPUTER.
    > PROBLEM: FROM THE DELL PC, I HAVE NO PROBLES ACCESSING THE WIRELESS HP
    > COMPUTER, BUT FROM THE WIRELESS HP COMPUTER I CAN NOT ACCESS FILES IN THE
    > DELL PC, THE HP WIRELESS PC GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT SAYS " DELL PC IS NOT
    > ACCESSIBLE. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS NETWORK
    > RESOURCES.....TATATATA. I HAVE DISABLE THE ZONE ALARM FIREWALL, WINDOWS
    > FIREWALL, AND THE DELL PC DOES NOT LET ME TO RUN THE NETWOR WIZARD, I DO

    NOT

    Jack, Jan 30, 2005

  3. i use ftp for file sharing across local and remote networks, and found it
    really reliable
    i dont know what other people think, but it seems to work, avoiding issues
    like master browser, invalid network places etc
    and recommend something basic like filezilla server and client.
    anyone else agree?

    http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    hth

    philip ashley

    Philip Ashley, Jan 31, 2005
  4. I had similar problem (solved through this newsgroup). I was running Norton
    Internet Security 2002 on my DELL desktop. I had to exclude the IP Address
    range of the network in NIS and then disable NIS. (The router has a hardware
    firewall so this is OK) This worked for me.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpc29u?=, Feb 1, 2005