    again its small again. When I get the IE window resized larger thenturn the
    computer off it's small again when I start up how can I specify what size I
    want the windows to be and have them stay that way when reopened?

    Rtavi, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Rtavi

    °Mike° Guest

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
    window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
    following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
    resolution), and press ENTER:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

    When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
    window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
    visible.

    Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:

    javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:04:43 -0500, in
    <>
    Rtavi scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Rtavi

    Rtavi Guest

    Thanks for the help

    Rtavi, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Rtavi

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
    <>
    Rtavi scrawled:

    >Thanks for the help
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
    >> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
    >> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
    >> resolution), and press ENTER:
    >>
    >> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
    >>
    >> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
    >> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
    >> visible.
    >>
    >> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
    >>
    >> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Rtavi

    Hockey Buff Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >You're welcome.
    >

    >On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
    > <>
    > Rtavi scrawled:
    >
    >>Thanks for the help
    >>
    >>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
    >>> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
    >>> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
    >>> resolution), and press ENTER:
    >>>
    >>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
    >>>
    >>> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
    >>> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
    >>> visible.
    >>>
    >>> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
    >>>
    >>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

    Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
    example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
    no resizing features.

    Thanks.

    Hockey Buff, Jul 22, 2004
  6. Rtavi

    Pofadda Guest

    Hockey Buff wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>You're welcome.

    [snip]

    > Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
    > example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
    > no resizing features.

    Have you tried it??
    I did on IE6 and found (as I expected) that however I close it, it opens
    with the same dimensions and position. Why doesn't Rtavi's? Is it on a
    network where some BOFH has 'policied' it to do this silly thing?

    Pofadda, Jul 22, 2004
  7. Rtavi

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:30:02 -0400, in
    <>
    Hockey Buff scrawled:

    >On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You're welcome.
    >>

    >>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
    >> <>
    >> Rtavi scrawled:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for the help
    >>>
    >>>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    >Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
    >example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
    >no resizing features.
    >
    >Thanks.

    No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2004
  8. Rtavi

    Hockey Buff Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:49:10 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:30:02 -0400, in
    > <>
    > Hockey Buff scrawled:
    >
    >>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>You're welcome.
    >>>

    >>>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
    >>> <>
    >>> Rtavi scrawled:

    >>Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
    >>example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
    >>no resizing features.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    >No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

    Thanks!

    Hockey Buff, Jul 23, 2004
  9. Rtavi

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:19:39 -0400, in
    <>
    Hockey Buff scrawled:

    >On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:49:10 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:

    <snip>

    >>No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

    >Thanks!

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance