    Can any provide me with the instructions to enable me to copy these photos
    to what was a piece of her favourite music?
    Help would be very much appreciated.

    walter sharpe, Feb 1, 2006

  2. walter sharpe

    old jon Guest

    "walter sharpe" <> wrote in message
    news:drr6b0$tlp$...
    >I have some photos of my late wife on the computer and I understand I can
    >copy them on to a CD-R and there is some way you can select music to
    >accompany the copying the photos.
    > Unfortunately for me, so far I haven't been successful in achieving this.
    > Can any provide me with the instructions to enable me to copy these photos
    > to what was a piece of her favourite music?
    > Help would be very much appreciated.

    Hi W.
    What you need to achieve is a Slideshow.
    You will need some software to do this. As this might be a `one off`
    project,
    I suggest you go to Google, and type in `alt.comp.freeware`.
    When you get there, the Subject line would be `Slideshow software`,
    and ask the guys what`s recommended.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 1, 2006

  3. walter sharpe

    Dr. Bill Guest

    walter sharpe wrote:
    > I have some photos of my late wife on the computer and I understand I
    > can copy them on to a CD-R and there is some way you can select music
    > to accompany the copying the photos.
    > Unfortunately for me, so far I haven't been successful in achieving
    > this. Can any provide me with the instructions to enable me to copy
    > these photos to what was a piece of her favourite music?
    > Help would be very much appreciated.

    When you use Nero 7 or 6 with Nero vision expres included, you have an
    excellent tool with very easy to use wizards and helpfiles to have it done.
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/en/NeroVision_Express_3.html
    If you don't have Nero, try this:
    http://www.shareup.com/PictureToTV-download-3839.html

    Dr. Bill, Feb 1, 2006
  4. walter sharpe

    Guest

    A simple way would be to present the images on a web browser.
    With a little html and javascript you can present them any way you
    want.

    Or, you can surf the net for dozens of free "slideshow" programs.
    Many will let you add music of your choice to each photo. Or play a
    single tune in the background as multiple images are viewed.

    , Feb 1, 2006
  5. walter sharpe

    Guest

    PS.
    As an example, check out www.simplestar.com
    It has a slideshow, free, you might like.

    , Feb 1, 2006
  6. walter sharpe

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    walter sharpe wrote:
    > I have some photos of my late wife on the computer and I understand I can
    > copy them on to a CD-R and there is some way you can select music to
    > accompany the copying the photos.
    > Unfortunately for me, so far I haven't been successful in achieving this.
    > Can any provide me with the instructions to enable me to copy these photos
    > to what was a piece of her favourite music?
    > Help would be very much appreciated.

    As well as the advice give by Dr Bill, and assuming Windows, you could
    also try using Windows Movie Maker or download the trial version of
    Ulead Video Workshop. Both are very easy to use.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 1, 2006
  7. walter sharpe

    Donald Guest

    I use nero photoshow

    Donald, Feb 1, 2006
  8. walter sharpe

    Spuds Guest

    On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:40:00 -0000, "walter sharpe"
    <> wrote:

    >I have some photos of my late wife on the computer and I understand I can
    >copy them on to a CD-R and there is some way you can select music to
    >accompany the copying the photos.
    >Unfortunately for me, so far I haven't been successful in achieving this.
    >Can any provide me with the instructions to enable me to copy these photos
    >to what was a piece of her favourite music?
    >Help would be very much appreciated.

    If you don't mind shelling out a 30 bucks, ProShow
    (http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/) is an excellent tool. It has the
    ability to sync the speed of the presentation with the length of the music
    you're using, so the last slide is done exactly at the end of the tune. As
    well, it has nearly 300 transition effects.

    Spuds, Feb 2, 2006
  9. walter sharpe

    Guest

    Photo2DVD Studio is another greate one. You can easily but
    professionally combine photos with music, texts and blank slides and
    add video clips with this excellent slideshow software. For more helps,
    just refer to http://www.photo-to-dvd.com

    Best Regards.

    , Feb 5, 2006