    way to get out of this or reload ?

    Yours desperately!

    Tony

    Tony Peter, Oct 29, 2004

  2. You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

    rob

    ROBERT BROOKS, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Tony Peter

    Tony Peter Guest

    system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

    Tony Peter, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Tony Peter

    derek / nul Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:33:45 GMT, "Tony Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
    >would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
    >trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
    >way to get out of this or reload ?

    It sounds like you have a hardware problem.

    derek / nul, Oct 30, 2004
  5. Tony Peter

    derek / nul Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:15:58 GMT, "ROBERT BROOKS"
    <@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >You will need at least 128mb of RAM to run XP

    That is a 'recommendation' only. XP crawls with 32MB of ram

    derek / nul, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Tony Peter

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Tony Peter" <> wrote in message
    > I have been trying to install XP pro on an old computer, unfortunately it
    > would appear that some files have not loaded correctly, it is now stuck on
    > trying to "install windows" coming up with a fatal error message, any easy
    > way to get out of this or reload ?
    >
    > Yours desperately!
    >
    > Tony

    What exactly does the error message say?

    Mark Mandell, Oct 30, 2004
  7. Tony Peter

    Wizard Guest

    and then some!

    Wizard, Oct 30, 2004
  8. Tony Peter

    WebWalker Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:24:50 GMT, "Tony Peter"
    <> wrote:

    >system is AMD 450, 128mb ram, 13gb h/d so shold be ok ?

    I will install Win98SE to that slow machine.
    If you insist WinXP, run it in classic mode for usability.

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Oct 31, 2004
  9. Tony Peter

    Tony Peter Guest

    Thanks for all your comments, I have since tried installing from scratch,
    however I suspect the disk may be faulty with files missing as I am still
    getting the same problem, I think I will now look to "purchase" a "proper"
    disk, should I stick with ' 98? My original reason for XP was to be able to
    use wireless setup wizard to make setting the network up easier.

    Tony

    Tony Peter, Oct 31, 2004