    file system-blank(the other hd is showing ntfs)
    status-unallocated space

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    greenhorn, Jul 15, 2007

  2. greenhorn

    Wolfmann

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    You are correct.

    http://www.petri.co.il/difference_between_basic_and_dynamic_disks_in_windows_xp_2000_2003.htm

    You can't see it in XP Pro?

    If you put it back in the same XP Pro machine, and you can't see the data, you will need to do some recovery on it if you can't just convert back to a basic disk. Home Edition will only be able to see it from a 3rd party program that can read the contents of the disk.

    Doing anything to the partitions in Home Edition could lead to data loss.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309044 - how to convert back and forth
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222189 - explanation of disk groups

    All is not lost, however. There are many disk utilities that can recovery information from dead partitions.

    Hiren's Boot CD has a plethora of utilities on it.

    Wolfmann, Jul 16, 2007

  3. greenhorn

    Dax

    Joined: